You Befriended Pyramid Head

You were afraid of where you were and unaware of your location. Despite the fact you had no idea what universe you were in, you tried your best to adjust to your surroundings. It didn't matter how far you walked; there was always a new room or a new hallway.

Were you in hell? Blood, body parts, corpses, they were everywhere. You never knew if you were alone or not, but you never even dared to make a whisper out to the void. You didn't want to attract who or what was near you. It was quiet, too quiet for your comfort. It didn't sit right with you.

That was until you heard an unholy screech coming from behind you that irritated your ears like there was no tomorrow.

A large creature lumbered towards you, dragging its immense red knife behind it and creating a low-pitched dragging noise every time it takes a step. It stares at you the whole time with its emotionless red helmet. Upon closer inspection, you could see that the helmet is covered in dried blood and scratches.

You had no idea where the thing even came from and that only made your panic attack worsen. But you saw the large figure dragging itself towards you. But it was as if things could not get worse. You backed away with true fear painting your expression, yet you didn't even scream.

This was the best choice for yourself, this only meant that you wouldn't have to face getting cut in half by the large sword the creature was carrying. You continued to back away the closer the entity came, what could you do? You had no weapon, no defense, nothing at all... You were helpless right at this moment, and there was nothing you could do about it.

The creature got closer and closer; you kept backing away but you shortly ended up tripping and fell to the ground. Pyramid Head stood in front of you and slowly raises his great knife as if he was going to strike you down.

The creature does not speak, it just stares at his prey as he makes ready the killing blow. After a moment that felt like an eternity, Pyramid Head slams his great knife into the ground beside you instead. You released a slight yelp once you saw the sword slam right beside you. So close, yet so... Far somehow.

Your figure was trembling as you looked up at the triangle head creature. You begged in your mind, repeatedly you begged, "Please, please—don't kill me!" Was all you could think about, you valued your life too much, yet it was about to end. But your main concern was also that he could see you, you didn't know how it was possible but you didn't even want to know how it worked. Your heart couldn't handle this.

The pyramid head creature stares at you for a moment and raises its sword above its head once again. It seemed like you had little time left as that sword would end your life and send you to the other side. However, the creature hesitates. You started to wonder why the creature didn't kill you right away, maybe it was curious or wanted to savor the moment to see the fear in your eyes as it killed you.

After a few seconds, the great knife slowly goes down, inches away from your head as Pyramid Head slowly and ominously walks past you and disappears into the shadows. You watched the entity creep back into the shadows, you followed its every movement until you didn't no longer see it.

Why, why didn't it kill you? You were vulnerable right there, yet he didn't do it... Maybe it was because there was possibly another victim lurking around like you? Or was it something else? You slowly sat up after a couple of seconds of silence, you were heavily thankful that you weren't killed right at that moment... You walked in the opposite direction, hoping that you would continue living on for a longer period.

But at least you knew the sound... The sound of a scraping heavy thick metal being dragged across the terrain beneath you both. You prayed in your mind, grasping onto your dirty shirt as you did; making different directions and sometimes mentally marking them just in case you found a perfect hiding spot or better yet... An exit.