1 | Letter

A/N- hi pookies :3, this is actually my first time posting something on wattpad, and I'd just like to give a quick thank you to my friend hammy, he helped me with a lot of ideas, and just giving me advice for the story in general. that's all!

————

You stood, keenly observing the players scatter around the field, chasing after the ball as if their life depended on it. You shivered as a cool breeze wafted by, nostrils flaring - this is the smell of football.

Your eyes fixated on the ball getting passed around furiously.

"Over here!" A raven haired boy yelled.

Isagi Yoichi was his name. He was an unusual fellow, he was always passing the ball to others, letting them have their moment of glory.

It was unusual because he was meant to be a forward...Yet, he never claimed any goals for himself.

He had a certain determination in his eyes - you felt it, he would be the one to score this time.

He gained posession of the ball within a blink of an eye.

Forward, right, left

Training your gaze on Isagi who restlessly dribbled the ball, he pierced forward, nearing the goal as the defenders scrambled to try to stop him from ripping through their defense, however, Isagi's teammates backing him up, and rushing behind him made it all the more difficult.

In one deft motion, you clenched your fists in desperation, adrenaline coursed through your veins, waiting for him to score that goal.

You felt it. Your feet yearned to take a step forward— take a step forward and scream, jump, and yell— whatever action came to mind.

The rush of adrenaline was too much. It was almost impossible to contain the excitement that washed over you.

He made it look so effortless. The way he weaved through the defense that attempted to stop his surge of dribbling was almost flawless— his clean footwork had you mesmerized.

He reeled back his leg, swiftly moving it forwards, propelling the ball straight into the goal and right past the goalie.

A powerful, seemingly unstoppable direct shot.

There was silence for a brief moment—but that silence was short lived as the field erupted into a fiesta of excitement.

"ISAGI! ISAGI! ISAGI!" They chanted with animated elation.

"Heh, look at L/n! She's impressed by you, dude!" A guy spoke up; you've seen him around, but you don't remember his name; he obnoxiously poked Isagi repeatedly with his terribly pointy elbow, as if he was trying to tease him.

Just then you realized that your jaw hung slightly agape, you flushed in embarrassment— closing your jaw hastily.

You sighed in content, picking up your bag and standing up from your spot on the bleachers. That was enough greatness for one day.

That was also the first time you've seen Isagi score a serious goal for himself.

"L/n!" A voice called out.

You turned, confused.

"Hey...Ah— I didn't think you were all that into football," He restlessly fidgeted, it seemed like he was trying to strike up a conversation with you.

He didn't think that you were all that into football?

You couldn't help but feel slightly insulted - you knew your presence was akin to a ghost- but you didn't think you were THAT irrelevant.