What is going on?!

Hitoshi POV

I tried messaging Izuku again, it wasn't read. I felt my stomach drop, Izuku would have answered by now, wondering why I was pinging his inbox like this, I would make a snarky remark and a weird conversation would ensue until it was time for one of us to sleep or in both our cases, try to sleep.

Me: Cottonball, you think he's ok?

Cottonball: Mew

Me: I know buddy, I'm worried too.

I stared at my computer screen a little while more to see if I was just over reacting. Ten minutes turned into 30 and that turned into an hour. By then I was slightly panicking. My heart was beating fast and I gripped my chair's cushion tightly trying to breath steadily.

Cottonball: Mew

I looked down at him, he was pawing at my foot and I picked him up. Cottonball purred and curled up in my lap. I pet him and looked back at my computer and sighed. It seems as though he won't be answering today, which would be the first since we became friends.

Should I tell Mic?

Nah, he doesn't know I talk to Izuku...

Aizawa? He's a safer bet but Eri keeps him around to much for me to talk to him in a comfortable setting.

I shiver as I remembered the last time I tried to talk to Aizawa with Eri there, she stared me down, she started into my eyes till I got uncomfortable and had to leave.

Mic: Hitoshi! Time for dinner!

Me: Coming!

I turned off my computer and stood up with a sigh. Cottonball relaxed in my hold and I left and went to the dining room. When I got in the dining room, Eri was drinking juice from a cup happily, her smile was so big, until she saw me.

Aizawa: Hey Toshi, you ok? You're sweating a lot.

I sat down as far as I can away from the little girl. Mic placed the plate in front of me and I thanked him.

Aizawa: Hizashi, can you hand me the apple juice? Eri just finished her cup.

I tried to not show my eyeroll and and continued eating.

Mic: What did you just do Hitoshi?

I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand. I looked up and saw Mic staring at me sternly and Aizawa confused. I didn't even have to look at Eri to see her smiling.

Me: Nothing. Just eating.

Mic: You have something you want to say? Because you've been quite chatty today.

I was confused, I have been in my room all day. He's the only person I've spoken to all day.

Me: Well I don't, but I do have some constructive criticism.

I see Aizawa smiling and nodding, I feel more comfortable around Aizawa, not because he was my favorite hero, but because I feel like he doesn't judge me, he never has.

Mic: well? Out with it, we're all hungry.

Aizawa: Zashi, stop. Let the kid talk. Go ahead Toshi.

I watch Mic feed Eri, I decide to speak my mind and look at Eri.

Me: I think you guys coddle Eri too much. I know she's new to having a family and having people care about her, I mean come on, she can feed herself.

Aizawa looked at Mic and took the fork from him and gave it to Eri.

Aizawa: He has a point Zashi.

I was gonna smile but then this little bitch, threw her cup.

What the fuck!

You saw that right?

Aizawa looked between Eri and I before watching Mic pick up her broken cup.

Mic: Now look at what you did Hitoshi.

Me: I didn't do anything!

Mic: You made her uncomfortable.

Me: How?!

Aizawa: I'm with the kid on this one, how?

I watch Mic point at the glass and then at Eri who was crying. Aizawa opened his mouth to say something when the phone rang.

Aizawa: I'll get it, Zashi, Calm her down.

He left the room and MIc stared at me as he hugged Eri close.

Mic: I'm disappointed in you Hitoshi.

Me: I'm disappointed in you as well.

Mic: Why?

I didn't answer but kept eating. Aizawa rushed back in the room with a pale face.

Mic: What's wrong Shota?

Aizawa: It's the police, they want you to come in.

Mic: What is a villain attacking?

Aizawa: No, Inko's dead.