2.0

ashton, who drove us the the airport, finally finds a parking space fairly close to the entrance.

i am dreading to go home, knowing i have to leave my three new friends behind. luke opens the back of the car and gets both of our suitcases out before we all head inside the airport.

"you can stay here, i'll get out boarding tickets," luke kisses my forehead and rushes to the counter as i sit down on a chair.

"i don't want you to leave," calum pouts as he takes a seat next to me.

"well i can't stay here forever," i frown at him.

"yes you can," ashton interrupts his face showing the same amount of sadness as mine.

"where's michael?" i sigh, deciding to change the subject.

"he's with luke because michael said 'luke is too stupid to know how to get boarding ticket by himself' but i think he's just trying to spend as much time with him as he can before he leaves," ashton chuckles.

"oh, well luke's only staying for four days anyways," a small smile appears on my face.

"we're back!" luke skips happily towards me.

michael hits luke in the shoulder, "shut up you idiot, we're at an airport."

"sorry," luke mumbles and sticks his bottom lip up.

"what time do you have to board?" calum asks, standing up.

luke glances down at the boarding passes and immediately frowns, "we have to board in five minutes, shit."

"language!" ashton shakes his head in disapproval.

"well we have to go then," i say barely above a whisper.

"come on, don't be sad," michael pulls me into his chest for a hug. "you can visit any time."

"i know," i whisper and hug him tighter before pulling away.

"what about my hug?" calum pouts like a little puppy so i laugh before hugging him.

"enough, it's my turn!" ashton rips calum off me and pulls me in for a hug. "please come back again so you can make lasagna."

"of course," i smile at him.

"wow, so you all don't care that your best friend of three years is leaving you?" luke rolls his eyes.

"shut up shithead," michael mimics his eye roll.

"you're so mean to me!" luke frowns at michael.

"but you know i love you bro," michael bro hugs him. "no homo."

"love you too," luke grins like a little boy, happy that michael is actually showing feelings to him.

"bye luke and olivia," ashton sighs deeply.

"we'll see you soon right olivia? bye..." calum cracks a smile so he won't seem so sad.

my eyes sting and i blink back the tears. as much as i want to stay, i know i can't. especially since it's so close to christmas and i have to spend it with my family.

luke wraps his arm around my waist and we both wave to the three boys before lining up to enter the plane.

the nice lady notices my tears and smiles sympathetically at me while scanning my ticket as well as luke's.

the silence between luke and i, is killing me and we find our seats on the plane which were fairly close to the front. he lets me get the window seat and i smile at him thankfully.