Spider Man Nightmare

(The night of Tuesday, 2021 July 20)

Every time I slept, no matter the time of day, I was teleported to a different strange, and usually hostile, creature. If I was awake when night fell, a creature would emerge. It had been days since I had last slept, and I felt like I could lose my mind. Regardless, life must go on, business as usual.

I was conducting business with an older man. I can't remember what I was buying, but I do remember that it was expensive and important. The man was of European descent, and his thick, slightly wavy hair was white as snow. His only spot of thinning hair was on the top of his head, but it suited him well. We stood side-by-side on a stone bridge in a castle courtyard as he told me about the business. His manner was very professional as his expression was somewhat restrained and his navy blue suit was well ironed, but something about his face was so friendly and welcoming. The wrinkles on his face seemed to be remnants of a happy past in which he felt loved and well cared for. The business documents were placed upon the ledge of the bridge, and you could see the blueberry colored water calmly flowing diagonally underneath the corner of the bridge we stood on. I didn't wonder where the water came from or where it went. I simply enjoyed it for what it was.

The man and I were smiling while cheerfully discussing plans when he froze for a moment, and his cheerful expression was quickly replaced with an empty one that slowly became malicious as he stood inches away from me. I began backing away from him, towards the exit of the castle's courtyard as I noticed the sky rapidly darken with sunset. His preciously happy wrinkles deepened into malignant trenches in his skin, and the healthy flow faded from his face. As I backed away, his trousers began to slowly tear because the lower half of his body began ripping apart as it transformed into that of a massive black widow. His suit jacket tightened around his torso, and the sleeves no longer came all the way down his arms as his torso and arms had lengthened and distorted. His spine protruded from his hunched back, and his arms bowed as if he were holding a giant box. His body continued to distort as he approached me at an increasing speed, and bu this point, I was already forcing myself awake as the image faded, and I awoke in my bed, gasping for air and lightly perspirating because I had been choking on nothing.