03 : denmark professional party planner

november

november

Denmark thought that there was something so wonderful about living in Los Angeles. It was where she had grown up, where she had met Cole, where her family lived.

Her house was one of her favourite things, and whilst Sage and Zinnia (the two messiest in the family) liked to poke fun at her for her love of keeping it organised, she found peace in taking care of something she adored so much. It was large and homey, with high ceilings and bright windows, wooden floors and cosy rugs. Her furniture mismatched, a variety of vintage tables and chairs, and everything was adorned with candles and vases of roses.

She was sat on the floor of her friendly living room, cross legged, pen in one hand and planner in the other. Just as she loved organising her house, she also loved organising her life. And often times she would have to help ditsy Zinnia organise her life too. She was the kind of girl who believed that hadn't started the day properly if she hadn't written something in her journal.

"Hey, Dylan and Braeden will be here in a bit, but we'll get out of your hair so you and Zin can work out your thing." Cole spoke out across  the room from the joint kitchen, pouring hot water into Denmark's favourite Wallace mug (Zinnia had the matching Gromit one.)

"Alright, you don't have to be out for too long though, we only have to do the thing for Sage. What are you and the guys working on?"

Cole set the chamomile tea down on the floor by her and sat down on the sofa opposite, sitting back and absent mindedly raking his fingers through his dark flurry of hair.

"Something super secret." He smirked at her teasingly.

"You never tell me anything, you're so mean." Denmark huffed and set her 'I Heart Taylor Swift' pen down to take a sip of tea.

Cole and Denmark had met at a music festival when she was 20, and the resulting friendship was instantaneous and inevitable. They found that they kept ending up together in dark corners of parties they didn't know the other would be at, and trying to deny the feelings between them was like trying to ignore a painfully obvious pimple. They were both in relationships and were consumed by a devouring guilt, and distanced from each other under the false impression that space would dilute their feelings. Luke broke up with Denmark, and she spent an awful lot of time writing and releasing songs that her fans somehow always managed to figure out were about Cole. And then, there was Lydia's birthday party.

"You're not acting right."

Denmark had brought Francis (the most sociable of all her siblings) along with her, so there was no chance she'd end up uncharacteristically quiet in the corner.

"Okay, Francie, that's quite rude and I don't appreciate that." She wasn't looking at him.

"You know what I mean." The redhead folded his arms and looked down at her. She wasn't subtle about her nerves at all; she dragged her fingers through her hair anxiously. "Come on, Den, I know you. And I know that you have no problem around lots of people, so you're going to tell me what's up or we're just gonna end up standing outside the front door forever."