04 : wap with jacob elordi?

december

december

It was no secret that Sage loved birthdays. Regardless of whether it was his own or not, he always went above and beyond in his effort, like the year he dressed up as a fairy princess and stayed in character all day for Lorelai's fourth birthday (he later admitted he was inspired by Gru in that one scene in Despicable Me 2) or when he found out Zinnia went through a random period where she was obsessed with the show Adventure Time and made it the entire theme of her party, even dressing as the Ice King. He also, surprise surprise, loved dressing up.

Before he even opened his eyes he could feel the excitement fizzing away in the base of his stomach. As much as he revelled in making his friends and family's birthdays as grand as the love he had for them, he much preferred a whole day in which everyone had to listen to his stupid ideas and let him do pretty much whatever he wanted (except from Bea, she was the only one he was slightly afraid of upsetting, and she could halt all his idiotic plans with a single word.)

Bea's side of the bed next to him was empty when he sat up, but he could hear her moving around in the kitchen on the other side of the house. He couldn't help but smile to himself at the thought of her planning something nice for him. They had been together for two years, and living together for six months, and Sage didn't think he could feel any more content.

He rolled over, stretching his arm out to grab his phone, and checked his flooded instagram notifications.

"Surpri- oh, you're awake." Bea frowned in disappointment over the tray of food she was holding.

"Sorry." He grinned at her cheekily.

She carefully shuffled over to him, cautious of the tray in her hands, and slid onto the bed, pushing the food onto Sage's lap.

It had been tradition in the Du Pont family that birthday breakfast was whatever cake the birthday person wanted, and every year, without fail, Sage requested the same cake. He first had it on his eleventh birthday, eyes closed whilst Nova brought it out, the warmth from his family pressing in on him. Nova had made it herself, a tower of cream and chocolate, and maybe it was because she had taken the time to make it just for him, but it tasted especially good. Ever since then, Nova baked one, letting him have a slice for breakfast and saving the rest for the evening (there usually was a party of some sort.)

Sage grinned up at Bea, feeling suddenly overwhelmed with the surge of giddy happiness.

"What?"

"What what?"

"You were looking at me funny." Bea frowned at him, half joking.

Sage beamed, and without saying anything, he put the cake on the bed side table and jumped forwards, wrapping his arms around her. She squealed, wriggling as he kissed her face incessantly, but she looped her hands around his neck to keep him close. Sage was a lover, he always had been, but before he met Bea, he didn't think he'd find anyone who would love him back the same way. His feelings for her were almost instant, and with the way that his family immediately loved her it was obvious that he had found something permanent in her.