|~Doctors~|

-TOMMY'S POINT OF VIEW-
Tw: homophobia
I don't know when or how I ended up where I was, but surely it wasn't familiar. There was a bright light above the head of the bed I laid in, followed by a machine that sat next to my bed having multiple chords and trinkets connected to it, the machine also included an awfully annoying beep to it every seventeen ish seconds. The room was a blinding shade of white the white that would welcome you upon the stairway to heaven the ceiling was made up of tiles and large brod lights spread across it. That also included the vile shade of white. I sighed, aggravated. Quickly I figured where I was after glancing at my right arm, there being an IV in it. My left arm has been wrapped with the ugliest shade of bandage color I've seen before, is anything in this room not white!?

A woman, long blonde hair had walked in the room.
"
Taylor! Thank heavens you're awake!"

Can't even use my correct name. I hate this lady already. Just looking at her she probably considers herself 'one of the boys' in reality she's most definitely denied from the public. Especially with that lipstick.

"I'm Sheila, your nurse for the time being. Taylor may I ask you a few questions? Now that you're awake."

I sighed. Glancing at the ceiling. Personally I didn't enjoy being called by a name that's dead to me.

"Is something wrong?" Sheila asked sounding sympathetic.

"That's not my name."

Sheilas expression changed quickly, her cheerful smile dropping to an annoyed frown.

"Em, yes... What's your preferred name."

Sheila didn't sound pleased, she definitely would be canceled on Twitter for this. I made eye contact with Sheila, I could practically feel bitchyness radiating from her. Fidgeting with the sheet that was sprawled across me I decided to respond, as much as I wish I could just lay here and look at her likes she's stupid, I probably shouldn't.

"My names Tommy. Could we just get your questions over with?"

Okay maybe I was a bit rude, but I'm my defense she didn't seem to bothered by it anyway.

"Yes, we can. Tommy how old are you?"

She's knows my dead name but not my age. Okay then.

"Eleven."

Sheila simply nodded.

"Do you feel any pain? Besides your left arm."

I haven't really paid attention to my body, I'd assume everything is fine since I'm not dying in pain.

"No, not that I've really noticed."

Sheila nodded once again.

"Mhm, mhmm, okay can you lift your left leg for me?"

Easily, what kind of question is that..? Almost instantly it felt as if a bolder had been placed on my left leg.

"I want you to try your hardest Tommy."

Sheila spoke calmly, at least she's being kind of nice. I had managed to lift my left leg, it wasn't painful, just felt heavy.

Sheila continued to ask multiple questions such as moving and or lifting different body parts in order to make sure I hadn't injured anything else, I wasn't sure how I ended up here or where my parents where but I've assured myself I'd know soon.

"Perfect, thank you Tommy. Is there anything you'd like to ask me?"

Obviously there was, what kind of question was that?? I mean first of all why am I here?? Where's my parents.. I'll start there.

"Where's my mum?"

Sheila was silent. Her face was blank. Not a scared, or annoyed blank, more of a sorry blank. I bit my cheek, confused and nervous. Sheila sighed making her way over to my bedside, she took my hand gently. She was a bit close for comfort but I wasn't in the mood to shove her off, I want to know exactly what the fuck was happening.

"Tom, I'm so sorry."

At first she had just confused me even more. But without another minute passing realization hit me like a bullet.

_________________________________________
663 words.

(THIS IS A SBI STORY)
Hi I hope you enjoyed my first chapter, I have so much more to write but not enough time at the moment. If you like this please lmk if I should continue this book. If so next chapter will definitely be longer :))

(I have never had an actual hospital experience so please tell me if I got anything wrong and I'll correct it!)