panic attack

back story - y/n and matt are best friends but secretly like each other, and y/n is also best friends with nick and chris

You, as well as the triplets hate school. But the difference between you and them is that you try very hard in school and have high expectations of yourself, but the triplets don't really give a fuck about school.

You've made it through most of the day without any dramas, until last period rolls around. Math. You hate math. No matter how hard you try, you never seem to understand it. Even the triplets understand math more than you do. Matt usually attempts to help you with it, but it usually ends in you giving up.

You've been dreading math all day, as your teacher is very strict, and you only completed half of your homework since it didn't make sense. You knew she was going to be mad.

You and Chris are in the same class, so you walked into class with him and sat down at your desks which are next to each other. You're holding onto your work, and you didn't even realise you were shaking.

"Hey, you're fine." Chris says, knowing exactly what you're worried about. "She's gonna be so mad at me. What if she yells at me, what if she doesn't let me pass?" You say worried. "Don't worry about it, I'll help you." He said trying to cheer you up.

Your teacher walks up to your desk holding her hand out, waiting for you to give her your work. You hesitantly hand it over to her. She skims over it and her eyes then meet with yours. "Don't get your hopes up about passing my class y/n. At this rate, you're sitting at an F, and you know I don't take extra credit work." She says sternly, which causes your classmates eyes to focus on you. "Excuse me for a minute." You say shaking, as you speed walk out the door, towards the janitors closet with tears in your eyes.

Chris's pov

I watch y/n's eyes tear up, as she walks out of the classroom. "Shit." I mumble under my breath. I know my teacher won't let me leave the classroom, so i decide to text matt.

(Matt = bold, Chris = normal)

Chris: Matt, something's wrong with y/n. She just left our class in tears, and idk where she went.
Matt: oh shit, don't worry I'll go find her. I have a sub, I'll sneak outta my class.
Chris: Good, hurry.

Matt's pov

I got that message from Chris, and my heart dropped. I decided to go find her. I had a substitute teacher so I just walked out and they didn't even notice.

I'm walking down the hall, and I'm trying to think of where she could've gone, until I walk past the janitors closet and hear muffled cries behind the door.

I open the door, and see y/n curled on the floor crying and struggling to take breaths. I instantly knew she was having a panic attack.

"Hey hey hey, you're okay." I say as I sit down in front of her, holding onto her hands. Seeing her cry just breaks my heart. I take one of her hands and place it on my chest. "Try and follow my breaths okay." I say. I slowly breathe in and out, as she follows along. "That's good, just breath in and out." I say calmly, rubbing circles on the back of her hand with my thumb.

After a few minutes, her breathing returns back to normal. I gently place my hands on her cheeks, and wipe away her tears with my thumb. "I'm sorry." She said. "Hey don't apologize, you did nothing wrong." I say as I pull her into a hug. "Matt." She whispers. "Yeah?" I reply. "I love you." She says, now looking up at me. My heart melts. I don't reply, I just place a soft kiss on her lips, which forces her to smile. "Here's that pretty smile." I say, which makes her blush. "Let's get outta here." I say, pulling her up. "What about class?" She asks innocently. "Fuck class, I wanna be with you." I say as I take her hand and walk out of the school.

I actually kinda like this one