Chapter 12

I sat on the railing of the second deck, looking out over the rest of the ship. I swung my legs slightly.

"Y/n," Jack said walking up to me, "you appear to be troubled."

Ding ding ding! Right on the money!

"Yes well, we still have no idea where Will is and no time frame of getting this bloody chest, so yes I am a bit troubled." He leaned against the railing next to me, handing me a bottle of rum. I have a small smile as I took a large sip. I hated the taste but I wasn't one to turn down a drink.

"I am sorry he hasn't come back." Jack said as I passed the bottle back to him.

"Are you?" I scoffed. "Seems like you're the only reason he went in the first place."

"There may have been a couple regrettable decisions on my part but I truly am sorry he hasn't made his way back."

I sighed. "You all brought me back to life and it seems as if I barely got a second with him since then. I used to imagine a life- on land. We'd marry, live quietly, maybe have a child. That all seems so far now." Jack handed the bottle to me once more and I once more drank. As he pulled away his hand I saw something change. I grabbed his wrist, keeping his hand still as the black spot grew back. Oh god. He pulled his arm out of my grip.

"What does that mean?" I demanded.

"Oh, probably nothing, it's fine dearie." He said, tucking his hand behind his back.

"I know you're lying. I thought Will was fixing this and getting the key."

"Yes well-"

"Land, ho!" Gibbs called from the main deck. I jumped off the railing to the floor below and ran over to him. Jack began to follow me before pausing and declaring, "I want my jar of dirt," before running off to fetch it.

Once he got it he came to the main deck as the ship weighed anchor. Two other pirates, Jack, Norrington (who volunteered), and I climbed into a rowboat and were lowered to the water below. The two pirates squabbled amongst themselves as they towed us into shore.

Once we got to the beach, Jack grabbed a shovel and climbed out alongside Norrington and me. "Guard the boat, mind the tide. And don't touch my dirt." Jack ordered the two pirates who rowed us in. We began to walk along the beach, I walked ahead of Jack and Norrington. I looked between the compass and the path ahead of me, staying the course. "Right here?" I said hesitantly as the compass began to spin wildly. I took a few steps away from where I was standing and grabbed one of the shovels. Norrington began to dig with the other, pulling up the sand as fast as we could. Then finally- a thump. The point of my shovel hit wood. Jack moved closer and hastily began to help me and Norrington dig out the chest.

We heaved it out of the hole and opened it to see letters, jewels, lace, and another chest beneath. Jack lifted that one out and pressed his ear to it. Slightly confused, I did the same.

I heard a heartbeat coming from inside.

"It exists-" I was partially shocked. "You weren't lying."

"I don't lie quite a lot and yet, people are always surprised." Jack replied.

"With good reason!" A voice from behind us said and I knew instantly who it was.

I got up and turned around as fast as I could, running into Will's arms. He was soaked with seawater as he embraced me and I held onto him like he was my last lifeline. He cupped my cheek with his hand, kissing me. God I missed him so much. "You're alright!" I exclaimed the second we pulled away. "Will, I was so worried-"

"How did you get here?" Jack asked.

"Sea turtles mate. A pair of them, strapped to my feet." He quoted Jack, mocking him.

"Not so easy, is it?"

"But I do owe you thanks, Jack."

"You do?"

"After you tricked me onto that ship to square your debt with Jones-"

My head turned to Jack to quickly- "What!?"

"I was reunited with my father." My heart turned from Jack to Will then back to Jack.

"Oh well, you're welcome then."

"You fucking liar!" I yelled and ran to Jack, pushing him. I turned to the chest, kneeling in front of it once again. What use was it to me now? I got what I wanted- I got Will back. I touched the chest-

Heartbeat-

Thump thump-

Thump thump-

It filled my ears- it filled my head-

It became all I had ever heard or would ever hear.

I saw tentacled rise up out of the ocean-

Ships torn in half-

I saw... Will?

In the middle of it all I saw Will.

I pulled my hand away. "Y/n!" Will yelled. I looked around, then to him.

"What happened?" He asked, fear rimming his eyes.

I need to tell him-

"Since I came back every now and then I've been having these... visions almost. This time I saw the heart, I saw the kraken- I saw you, Will. I'd never seen you before but I saw you."

He grabbed my hand.

"But it wasn't you now, it was you with waterlogged skin and barnacles on your face and hands."

"Like the men on the Dutchman..." he said under his breath. "Why didn't you tell me about this?" He said louder this time.

"I didn't want you to worry."

"It's too late for that." Will took the key out of his pocket and turned around the chest to the side with the lock.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to kill Jones."

Jack pulled out his sword, raising it between Will and me. "Can't let you do that, William. Cause if Jones is dead, who's to call his terrible beastie off the hunt, eh?"

"The kraken is real?" That would explain the tentacles.

"Way too real." Will said, glaring at Jack before stepping away once more.

"Now, if you please, the key." Jack put out a hand as he slid his sword back in its sheath.

I felt Will tap my leg, signalling for us to stand. As we did so, he quickly took the sword from my sheath and moved himself between me and Jack. "I keep the promises I make, Jack." Will pointed the sword at him. "I intent to free my father. I hope you're here to see it."

"I can't let you do that either, so sorry." Norrington said, drawing his sword and pointing it at Will. I was almost compelled to agree with him and Jack. If freeing his father is what leads Will to how I saw him in my vision-

"I knew you'd warm up to me eventually." Jack said, walking closer to Norrington.

He moved his sword, pointing it at Jack who pointed his back at Will. "Lord Beckett desires the content of that chest. I deliver it, I get my life back."

"Ah, the dark side of ambition." Jack said.

"Oh I prefer to see it as the promise of redemption."

I glanced around at the two of them from behind Will. 

Someone would have to swing.

Swelling Tides- Will Turner x Reader book 2On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara