Chapter 1

Will's POV:

Y/n felt heavy in my arms as I walked alongside Jack to the foothill. It was the perfect place to carry out our plan. Norrington was the only one guarding us and there was a different path down to the docks that the Navy didn't know about. Jack also said that we wouldn't have to bring the body. But even though I knew this was the place Y/n would want to be buried, I felt like I was abandoning her again, just like the first time. I didn't want to, but there was no possible way to bring her with us. I was just going to have to trust that Jack knew what he was doing. I knew he wanted to save her just as much as I did.

I lay Y/n down in the small dark wood casket and grabbed the shovel from Norrington. I dug the hole, the air carrying the scent of rich solid to my lungs. Jack and I lowered the casket, covering it afterwards. The wildflowers in the field behind us swayed with the soft breeze and the sky overhead cleared up a bit. I stood next to Jack in silence, mourning the death of the woman I love while he mourned the death of a loyal companion. In unspoken agreement, we walked away, but not before I marked the grave with her favourite dagger.

I drew her sword from my sheath quickly tossing another to Jack. We charged at Norrington who didn't even have time to draw his weapon before we knocked him unconscious. We ran down the side of the foothill, dashing through the outskirts of Port Royal before approaching the docks. Able to find an unprotected ship, we boarded it sneakily, sailing away at a slow pace until we got out of the harbour. By the time anyone noticed it was missing, it was too late. We were long gone.

We sailed for about four days in almost total silence, the only soud, the waved lapping at the bow. The sky suddenly became overcast, startling me as it had been sunny and clear mere seconds before. We neared a giant cave and Jack weighed anchor. I was getting sick of caves. We took the risk, leaving the boat completely unattended, and climbed into a dinghy. Silently, the row boat moved through the caves, people hard to make out because of the lack of lighting staring at us as we passed. Finally, we reached the end of the passage, stepping off the boat onto the rocky shores. My hand nervously gribbed the two swords in my sheath as we walked up to a rickety looking door. Jack knocked in only the way Jack would knock and the door opened a few seconds later. The woman who answered had ebony skin and long dreadlocks, her teeth black and dirty. "Jack!" She smiled, putting her hands on her hips. "To what do I owe this pleasure?" Her accent was heavy as she spoke.

"Tia Dalma! Long time no see! We are actually here in search of a favor." The woman, Tia Dalma, noticed my presence. Her eyes made their way up and down my frame, making the hair on my neck stand up. She opened the door, gesturing for us to follow her inside.

Her home was... interesting. Jars of eyes and fingers and bugs and herbs hung from the ceiling, the dirt floor covered with muddy carpets. "What can I do for you, Jack?"

"Well, Tia my love, I seem to recall... that you owe me a favor."

"Out with it already."

"We need to ressurrect someone." I said, the woman's face paling.

"No. Absolutely not. Goodbye." She began to wave us out of her home, but Jack continued, "I recall that you were a good friend of Calypso's. Surely you can ask her for some assistance?" Though it was not said, Jack made it clear that there would be no getting out of it for her.

She sighed, "Fine. But I'm going to need something that belonged to them. Something physical to connect their spirit to the mortal world." I pulled her sword out of my sheath, reading the inscription once more.

I carefully handed Tia Dalma the blade and she flipped it over, studying it in her hands. "Give me an hour. No less." Jack nodded, pulling me out with him.