Chapter 2: Moonlight Fairy

Immanuel has seen many gorgeous places, but he still couldn't help opening his mouth in awe at the duke's castle.

The gorgeous lights and colorful dresses of the attendees dances in the eyes of the young boy.

Immanuel couldn't keep still. He became impatient at how his father is still talking to someone without even going in. How could he choose to engaged in a boring conversation, instead of exploring the beautiful castle?
He grumbles internally.

Grown ups, he couldn't understand. They always do things young Immanuel couldn't understand.

So after so many sighs, Immanuel finally couldn't help it. He glance at his father, 'he wouldn't notice anyway.' We were supposed to go in anyway, right?

Immanuel finally found a chance to slip. He mingled with the arriving guests. No one even noticed anything. Immanuel felt excited, he could do this all day! muahaha

Anyway, the entrance didn't attract him. As much as he liked the desserts and colorful lights, exploring the unknown is much more exciting.

Hey! his mother never allowed him to do this! He can go to the castle later.

Immanuel look left and right, trying his outmost not to run.

If he runs, someone will probably reprimand him! 'and then they will ask where is my parents.'

so even tho he feels like his lungs is about to explode due to his fast beating heart, and even tho he almost feel like peeing. He still walked calmly.

The lights on the walkway through the entrance shines warmly on the gorgeously dressed arriving people. They are chattering happily amongst themselves. Some teenagers found their friends and hugged each other excitedly, walking side by side. Some noblewoman giggle along with their companions, and some men stops and converse for a minute.

Everyone was so engrossed in their own little world.

A child who's age no more than 10 was walking leisurely, but if you would pay more attention you would notice how it was stiff. His skin is thin and white. And under the warm light, the redness of his face & cheeks at this moment wasn't too obvious.

He slowly distance himself to people, and stops at an inconspicuous spot. He looks around, trying to see if someone is looking at him.

As he confirms that it was safe, he slowly; gently, walks in the dark path with no pavements.

As he get faraway and faraway to the entrance, his surroundings became more dark.

As he confirms no one would follow him, he finally let out the breath he was holding. He nearly died of suffocation!

He slightly giggle, the feeling of disobeying was not bad. He act as if he was caressing his beard and nods, as if he was one of those wise philosophers.

He observed his surroundings. The faint moonlight, and the light in the whole manor allowed him to not be in complete darkness.

It was the first time he was out at night. Would he found a ghost there? Monsters found in the dark? Maybe it would be a witch, his mother told him about a thousand times.

The cool breeze dance with the strands of his hair, bringing along the smell of flowers.

He walk and walked, curiously discovering the place.

Finally, he stops and parted the bushes on his side. Peeking if there was a person on the other side.

There's none. And it was quite.