Yours, Mine

(The same day)

"This is so cheesy. Who would give this to you?" Wes snickers before Tara hits his shoulder. "Oww, I'm just saying."

"You're just mad. No one gave it to you." Amber smirks, crossing her arms and then looking to the flowers in his grasp. "Ew, who are they for.."

Wes immediately grew red, scratching around in his hair for a moment. "Someone."

"Aw, is it for ur valentine?" Liv coos, leaning over Chad to see the flowers.

"Y-Yes, now back up. I don't want anyone to break them." Wes mumbles.

"I'm sure everyone already knows who they are for." Chad snickers before Mindy sends him a glare. "What?" He asks obliviously.

"Chad, wanna come with me to the car! I forgot something." Mindy more demands than asks.

"Not really? I'll just give you the keys." He shrugs, checking his pockets.

"Chad, shut the fuck up and follow me." Mindy growled.

"Yes, ma'am." The jock immediately stands up and follows his sister.

"What was that about?" Liv questions, watching the two walk away towards the parking lot where Mindy inevitably smacks him over the head.

"Dunno! Let's not pay attention to it?" Tara interviens.

Amber knows something is up. I mean, how couldn't she? This was weird.

Amber's POV:

First, I caught Mindy putting a love note in my locker. Which was a shock until I found out that Mindy was sent by someone. So, it had to have been someone close to Mindy. I don't know if I were you, but I wouldn't just trust Mindy to deliver a love note unless I was her best friend. (Which I am) I probably still wouldn't trust her to do it, though. I mean, look at how she messed that up.

Now, Mindy's running off with Chad for Wes with flowers. I would be suspicious of this, but there's no way in hell Wes bought those for me. So that leads me to the next question.. who are they for?

Everyone knows Wes has a massive crush on Tara; it's painfully obvious. So the safe option would be her. But then why would Mindy not want Chad to say that? It hasn't restrained her before. Mindy ALWAYS finds a way to make fun of Wes's unwelcome crush. So why is she being so secretive all of a sudden

As soon as I start to ponder, I get snapped out of my thoughts by none other than the girl I'm suspicious of.

"Hey, Ambs. Are you okay?" Tara asks with a small smile. It's cute. "You just seem kind of in your own world over there." She giggles.

"Yeah, sorry." I chuckle back. "I'm just trying to figure out something."

"Anything I can help with?" Tara asks as she looks over to the paper I'm holding, leaning closer and placing her hands on my lower arm. I swear I'm gonna shrivel up and burn right here.

"Maybe." I mumble, melting into her touch. I stare at her for a moment before she looks up to me, wondering why my voice had become so hoarse. "I mean, yeah, you could try."

"Is that the love letter?" Tara questions, seeing the paper being slightly squeezed under my grasp. "Hey, calm down." She giggles, rubbing her thumb in circles. "You're gonna tear the note."

I look down at the letter that I tried to hide under the table. She's right. My fingers are shaky and digging into it. "Oh, I didn't realise." I gulp. I'm being way too obvious right now.

"Is that what you need help with?" She giggles, putting one hand over mine to redirect the paper in order for her to see.

I froze. I'm not good with physical contact. Sure, if I'm hooking up, that's different. But when it's affectionate and sweet, mindless and meant to cause a type of cute reaction.. I just panic. "Uhm, yeah.. I mean, you can if you want to - I was just looking at it, it seems kind of cute, that's why, and I just am really curious to know who wrote it -"