Part V

October 20th 1717
The Caribbean, aboard the Serendipity
Craig

"I can't wait to reach dry land," Clyde pouts leaning on the railing that separates the safety of my ship and the cold hard ocean below. I laugh at his comment, "Maybe you weren't built for this life after all Clyde my boy."

"Nothing wrong with missing home Captain and also all of the rum is gone..."

Tolkien starts to laugh, "Maybe if you gave up the bottle every now and again there would still be some left." He leans against the wheel and looks at us both with a soft smile, "How's your little protege going Craig?"

I glance over his shoulder to the deck seeing Tweek on all fours scrubbing the deck, "I'd say he's doing better than when Clyde had that job."

"Bullshit." Clyde pouts pushing past us both to see Tweek, I playfully shove him into Tolkien, "You Clyde were fucking terrible at cleaning, I run a tight ole ship and we don't like lazy cleaners up on 'ere." I retort smiling from ear to ear.

"I will admit he does cook some pretty good food, despite the fact at anytime he could poison the whole lot of us," Clyde replies and I simply nod in agreement to his assessment.

I find myself looking back down at Tweek and just watch, inspecting his every move. "You don't have a crush on the blonde do ya Cap?" Clyde asks with a joyful and childish smile.

"I wouldn't want to step on your toes old friend, I know how much you like blondes," I cheerfully reply punching him softly in the shoulder.

"That's true that I like blondes, but not with a dick swinging between their legs," He says.

"That's only because you don't have one Clyde," Tolkien chimes in with a triumphant smile.

"Oh that's it you one eyed bastard!" Clyde yells as he tackles Tolkien to the ground, the playfully fight on the ground rolling over each other to try and get the upper hand whilst giggling away like children. I can't help but smile to see my friends getting along.

Their laughter overtakes the sound of the ocean as the crew looks up at us and roll their eyes...

"Land ho!" Will shouts from atop the mast causing the two idiots to stand and return to their posts as we make our approach home.

***

October 20th 1717
The Caribbean, aboard the Serendipity
Tweek

"Land Ho!" The boy in the crows nest yells, the whole crew starts preparing to dock and I stand to see where these pirates call home. In the distance is an island, not too big but big enough that an entire fleet could dock there with plenty of room.

"Impressive isn't it." Craig says now standing next to me.

"It's s-something I guess." I reply my eyes fixed on the island, it would be good to get back to dry land after these last few months at sea.

Craig heavily pats me on the back causing me to stumble forward, "We are going to be here a while, the ship needs a few repairs, upgrades and we need to restock our stores. So you will be quite familiar with it."

"Th-th-that's good, I can cook us a pr-proper meal and not with the s-scraps we have on board." I say with a short smile, I love to cook. Almost as much as I love seafaring but I don't like it when there is fuck all good to cook with.

Craig nods in agreement and starts to walk back to the wheel with Tolkien and Clyde. I get back on my knees and carry on scrubbing the deck, it's not the best job in the world. Probably the worst but if it gets the constant glares of anger off the back of my head then it is worth it.