Part VI

October 20th 1717
The Caribbean Sea
???

"Are you sure this is where they went?"

"Do you always have to doubt me, I'm sure it was Craig's ship."

"That's good, we will get too see an old friend,"

"I can't wait, he has a lot to answer for."

"We must be close, the excitement, it's making me all giddy."

"Don't get too excited, we still might have a way too go,"

"No, I can feel it. Craig Tucker is close, I can nearly smell him."

***

October 20th 1717
The Caribbean Sea, South Park
Tweek

The night goes on, drinks are shared throughout the crew and everyone is having a good time. It's good too see everyone I've spent the last few months with winding down and enjoying themselves. It reminds me of before.

I put my drink on a table and stand up, my feet start to walk outside and I don't stop them. I walk away from the tavern and sit on the beach looking out over the ocean.

"Thought I saw you leave," Craig says sitting down next to me, "What are you thinking about?"

"Everything, I don't know what will happen after all this," I say staring down at my scarred hands, torn and battered after years of hard work, doing everything I thought was right until it came shattering down.

Craig places a hand on my shoulder, "You can always stay here with us, we could always use another warrior." He speaks with a soft and sympathetic tone.

A lone tear glides down my cheeks as my eyes gaze over the vast ocean before me, this place is peaceful, far from war and famine. It is a paradise, one I am deserving of.

"After this is all done. We go our seperate ways."
I say, as the words leave my mouth a sense of regret and sadness fills me to the brim. I look over to Craig who stares blankly at me, no emotion nor expression but behind it all I see a hint of sadness.

"If that is your wish, then so be it. In a week or two we will set out and then once it's all done, I will drop you off at the nearest port or island, whatever you fancy," Craig says, his eyes move my direction and remains lingering on the moving waves.

"I'm sorry Craig, but this life isn't for me."

"I know." His words blunt and to the point.

"What will you do?" I ask him to break the silence that surrounds us, like a veil that trapped us beneath its dark and foreboding embrace.

He looks up to the sky above, seagulls with their wings spread wide soar overhead shrouded by the night sky, "What do you mean?" He simply asks.

"After this is all done."

Craig clasps his hands together and brings them up to his face, "With the map I can create a world where there is no more war or violence, where peace prospers, the rich give to the poor and everyone is equal. True equality." Craig explains with his words pure and heart in the right place, but can the map really do that.

"It only shows you what you desire, it's not a genie. But I like the sentiment, a world without violence is a noble goal but an unrealistic one at that." I say in a way as to not to burst his dream.

He simply sighs, "I know, but I can't help but try. This world is broken, I have watched as countless innocents are slaughtered because of money and stature, I watched my friends, colleagues and... family get slain in the name of justice and for what? Because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time or because they spoke up against this tyrannical regime. I don't know why they died but it wasn't right... it wasn't right." His words fuelled by anger, fear and sadness, I stare at his face as it goes pale and tears start to roll down his face.