13.Pop Corn And Movies[Long Chapter]

Eddie and I had momentarily slipped away from the rest of the group. While we had been walking down one of the aisles at the Central Washington State Fair a few minutes earlier, he had spotted a photo booth that we had all walked past without any of us noticing. Well after, we had stopped in front of a big tent where a wood carving contest had been organized, offering an impressive show of participants who were all as talented as each other.

While we were watching them with admiration, he suddenly took my hand and whispered that he wanted to show me something less exciting but just as interesting, in a different way.

"What is it?" I asked him, intrigued and very curious.

He didn't answer and we headed to the photo booth which was less than ten minutes away from where we were.

"Do you like it?" he asked me, once we were in front of it, in a tone of voice that was already delighted.

"Ah, yes."

We settled in before I pulled back the curtain. He sat on the adjustable stool first, and then I sat on his lap next. He inserted the coins and we selected the black and white color. A few seconds later, we were posing in front of the screen, making funny expressions like two kids, which made us laugh. We didn't forget, however, to have our kiss immortalized on a photo.

Once the session was over, we left the photo booth and waited in front of it until the pictures were ready. Two minutes later, we were admiring them, smiling and laughing. The faces we had on them were mostly hilarious. Except for the one on which we had exchanged that kiss and another one on which we had smiled.

We looked like a young teenage couple, with tender eyes, who had stared at the screen in a rather natural way. Two pictures of us, which had captured the image of two lovers. As for the remaining four, we had fun playing the fool.

When we had arrived at the hotel, once in the room, we had immediately decided to keep three photos each, since there were six in total. There wasn't much of a preference for which ones were funny and which were not. Eddie wanted the one in which he had laid his head tenderly on my shoulder while looking at the photo booth screen, while I had laid my head towards his. I wanted that one so badly. As for the picture of the kiss, although we both liked it, the other one had something more.

The photo booth had captured the deep essence of the budding feelings we had at that moment.

 Eddie knew the address of a photo store, which would develop in an hour for express requests and also made reproductions. He had decided then that he would go the next morning.

"It can wait, you know." I said, smiling.

"I know, but they do great work. And we'll have it within the hour."

As he had shown determination, I had let him get on with it. He was right. It was a magnificent job. Eddie had all the photos enlarged to 10x15 cm and duplicated. I must admit that I was overjoyed. I always hoped that he kept them too.

                                                                            ~~~°°°°~~~ 

As I massaged him, I thought, more or less furtively, about how we had been done pretty much quickly after we finished looking at the pictures. The snow was still falling and Eddie had sat down in the armchair near the window to take off his shoes. It had been an excuse to sit in it and understand why wealthy people liked luxury so much. And yes! It was comfortable. One could appreciate this luxury.

He put his feet on the footstool and sighed with exaggerated pleasure, while closing his eyes, sketching a smile. It was true that we had walked well throughout this long and fantastic day.