31. I Am Yours [Part 1/Slightly Mature Content] ( Very Long Chapter)

The hotel was more like an inn called Cohiba, and the owner was of Cuban origin. Strange how that seemed to link us to Cuba. Our meeting with Maikel, our visit to Little Havana and being lucky enough to find this hotel. Was it a message from the universe that wanted us to understand something? We never knew.  

The room was medium-sized, bright, comfortable and warm, and the bed looked very soft. The headboard was made of a noble wood that had been worked in a classic, very elegant style, and seemed to be more suited to a four-poster bed. Above, there were three framed photos of butterflies, the outlines of which matched the headboard. Four pillows were neatly lined up on the bed, adding to this an orcre-colored boudin with stripes that were cream in color. The mattress looked very cozy to sleep on, with a bed linen set that was quite elegant with its bed skirt, the shade of which was similar to that of the stripes on the boudin, as well as this beautiful bed runner that was printed with large flowers on a khaki green background.

Two fairly high bedside tables, also in wood, were arranged on either side of the bed, with a beautiful lamp on each, not forgetting an automatic alarm clock and a telephone. The carpet had a soft texture on which our feet almost sank as if into sand. Its design was quite mordern, printed with fine curves that formed an undulation. The color of the floor matched the warm, sober tones of the room, which I found delightful. Each bedside table was mirrored in two large mirrors fixed to the wall, each framing the bed.

Thanks to the large bay window with its thick, blackout curtains drawn on either side, you could admire the view of the lush greenery, made up of sabals and serenoas, Florida's dwarf palms. In the dark, it was difficult to make out more of their shape, despite the small lights that illuminated certain nooks and crannies, albeit dimly. It looked like a small garden that was very well maintained, and for the price of the room, which was far from exorbitant, it was worth recommending this hotel, which was close to the road and to nature. It was a haven of peace. By this time, the rain had begun to splash softly on the room's small balcony.

 Opposite the bed, a large mirror with gold trim around and underneath graced the wall, and underneath was a large chest of drawers for storing clothes. An armchair was set up a few meters away, facing the bed, on which I had placed my large beach bag in which I had stored a change of underwear for each of us, after the beach, just in case. It had come in handy! The bathroom was located in the hallway of the room, with WC included, but not next to the shower, whose style was slightly identical to that of Eddie's house. It was really lovely and spotlessly clean. We were pleasantly surprised and charmed by the hotel's setting.

The glass was single-glazed, and the corner bench and glass shelves were built into the shower, keeping it open and uncluttered. The shower was large and alcove-shaped, with navy mosaic tiles covering the floor. A blue-grey shaker-door cupboard was inlaid under the washbasin, and above it, an oval-shaped mirror was fixed to the wall, and a few body products were placed on the washbasin. We really enjoyed it. Fortunately, there was a rectangular window integrated into the shower head. The wall was beige, with navy mosaic tiles covering part of it, identical to those on the shower floor.

Behind the door, we noticed two bathrobes hanging and towels arranged in three rows on the heated towel rail. We weren't disappointed. On the other hand, this bathroom had made us want to take a hot shower, eager to get out of our literally soaked clothes. It had become an urgent need to change into dry clothes. Until Eddie had a better idea than spinning out those bathrobes, finding it a waste of time and ultimately rather illogical. As he stood behind me, he hugged my shoulders and whispered his proposal in my ear.

"How about we inaugurate this beautiful, spacious shower instead?"

I smiled, seduced by the idea. Just as I was about to give him an unhesitating yes, there was a knock at the door. Surprised, he stepped out of the bathroom towards it and opened it. Before him stood the hotel owner, who had come upstairs to offer to wash and dry our clothes, informing him that the hotel had a laundry room in the basement. Without thinking, Eddie said yes and kept him waiting for a few seconds before returning to the owner, to whom he gave our clothes two minutes later and who then offered, if we wished, to order something to eat.