65. Vs Tour [Part 1] (Bonus)

US Tour - 1994 (Leg 2)

Second leg of the tour in support of Vs., focused on the Eastern United States.

March 6, 1994 - Paramount Theatre - Denver, CO, USA

opening act: The Frogs

setlist: Indifference, Animal, Even Flow, Dissident, Why Go, Deep, Glorified G, Daughter/(Hunger Strike)/(Satan's Bed), Rats, State Of Love And Trust, Improv, Blood, Go, Black, Alive
encore: Improv, Spin The Black Circle, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman..., Rockin' In The Free World

Pearl Jam rescheduled the canceled Boulder, CO show on November 28, 1993 with two shows in Denver. Eddie sings some lyrics from "Hunger Strike" in the "Daughter" jam. "State Of Love And Trust" is stopped (by Eddie) and restarted. "Spin The Black Circle" is premiered in the encore.

March 7, 1994 - Paramount Theatre - Denver, CO, USA

opening act: The Frogs

setlist: Oceans, Go, Animal, Breath, Blood, Garden, Not For You, Rearviewmirror, Why Go, Jeremy, Alive, (Sick O' Pussies), Porch/(W.M.A.)
encore 1: Spin The Black Circle, Glorified G, Daughter/(Rats), Street Fighting Man, Rockin' In The Free World
encore 2: Indifference

During "Blood", Jeff jumps on top of Dave's kickdrum. Eddie gives a short speech before the premier of "Not For You", hinting that he wrote it after receiving mail from a convicted rapist saying how great the band was, and he talks briefly about David Gunn before "Alive". Mike smashes his guitar after "Porch". A mean version of "Rats" follows "Daughter". Stone notes, "We've never played this one in its entirety, but we're gonna try tonight", leading to a 11+ minute cover/jam of "Street Fighting Man" by the Rolling Stones. Eddie picks up some sticks during the end and drums a bit. Reportedly, Stone's baggy shorts fall and remain at his ankles as he's shredding rhythms. Mike is facing Stone, just ripping. Eddie comes from the side and proceeds to wrap Mike in duct tape from his knees down. They continue to jam and Mike decides to lie down on the stage while a roadie pulls Mike's pants down. Mike goes after Jeff, lifting him off the ground via his BVD waistband. Eddie dons a Bill Clinton mask!

March 9, 1994 - Pensacola Civic Center - Pensacola, FL, USA (Rock For Choice Benefit)

attendance: 7 683 (sold out)
opening acts: L7, Follow for Now

setlist: I Won't Back Down (Eddie solo), Go, Animal, Even Flow, Dissident, State Of Love And Trust, Glorified G, Daughter/(W.M.A.), Blood, Improv, Why Go, Jeremy, Black, Alive
encore 1: Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman..., Porch/(Tearing)
encore 2: Indifference

Pearl Jam headlined the largest Rock For Choice concert in history, which was organized by the opening act L7. The show sold out in 75 minutes. Pearl Jam reportedly received death threats prior to this performance. Eddie starts the show off with a solo cover of Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down", commenting "You know why we're here". Eddie discusses pro-choice a bit, ending with, "... all these men trying to control women's bodies are really beginning to piss me off... they're not in touch with what's real. Well, I'm fucking mean and I'm ugly and my name is reality". This benefit occurred one day prior to the one-year anniversary of the day Dr. David Gunn was shot outside a women's clinic. His son spoke: "You all have the voice. We are the majority. We have the power to take our country back (and to defeat those who) want to take our choices away from us".

March 10, 1994 - Chicago Stadium - Chicago, IL, USA

opening acts: The Frogs, Urge Overkill

setlist: Release, Animal, Go, Even Flow, Dissident, Empire Carpet song, State Of Love And Trust, Why Go, Jeremy, Glorified G, Daughter/(The Real Me), Not For You, Rearviewmirror, Blood, Alive, Improv, Porch
encore 1: Garden, Spin The Black Circle, Black, Tremor Christ, Footsteps, Rockin' In The Free World
encore 2: I Won't Back Down (Eddie solo), Leash, Sonic Reducer
encore 3: Indifference

Eddie joins The Frogs in a cover of The Who's "See Me Feel Me" wearing an elaborate silver robe. The Empire Carpet song is an old, local carpet store jingle which Eddie sings as evidence that he's really from Chicago. It's Jeff's birthday and the obligatory cake and food fight are evidenced after Stone leads the crowd in singing "Happy Birthday" (after "Garden"), with pieces of Jeff's birthday cake and candles tossed to the audience. Jeff is wearing Chicago Bulls #23 (Michael Jordan) basketball trunks. A fun night and show. The final concert held at the now demolished Chicago Stadium.