Chapter 6

- | Chapter 6 ~ Alhaitham's POV

What the fuck? Am I dreaming? But the red hair, light aquatic eyes. It's no mistake.

"I'm surprised you still remember me."

"No shit, Nilou. Why are you here?"

"No need to get mad-"

"No need to get mad? You're fucking with me. Don't you have anything else to say to me? And how did you find me? I'm towns away from where we last met."

"Connections, Alhaitham~! But, I do have something to say to you."

"It better be an explanation."

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to cut any connections with you, my parents did."

"I knew that much. So, why are you here?"

"I want to catch up with you, Alhaitham. Until we both get closure."

Closure.

".. Alright. I'll humor you for a week. Then please, let's end things."

I'm mad. I really am. I thought I'd be happy to see her again but I can't find the sparks that used to spark whenever I saw her. The old, warm feeling was actually something I spite. I didn't feel what I thought I'd feel when I saw her again. But, this is an opportunity for me to finally move on.

"Deal. Here's my number, I'll message you when I'm home. See you!"

Nilou leaves the store as I stood there. Shit, what now?

Like muscle memory, my hands hovered over Kaveh's number. I clicked it and started messaging him.

Alhaitham, "Kaveh. You there?"

- (Third person POV)

Kaveh was lying on his bed with a hangover. He kept glancing on his phone, expecting a message. He doesn't know when he started waiting for Alhaitham to message him, he just suddenly awaited their meaningless conversations.

Ding!

A notification came through. He flung out of bed, picked up the phone and messaged back.

Kaveh, "yha"

Alhaitham, "I saw Nilou."

Kaveh stared at the phone. His blinding headache was making it troublesome, but that name. He knows that name all too well even when he's hungover as fuck.

Kaveh, "WHAT happened"

Alhaitham, "She wants to talk with me again."

After seeing that message, a familiar feeling covered Kaveh's whole. The feeling that came whenever he felt like he was out of his league, like someone can snap their fingers and make him theirs. Jealousy.

Kaveh, "re u going toa??"

Alhaitham, "Yeah."

Kaveh knows they had no relationship of sort and he knows it isn't his place to say anything. It's Alhaitham's ex, not his. So why did it hurt? Why did seeing that name, and learning that the man he loved was going to give her a chance, hurt?

He isn't mine, he never was. So why am I acting like he is?

The message from someone who he felt a surprising sent of calm. He thought that would bring him out of his spiraling thoughts, but it just dragged him further down. He felt so vulnerable, yet no one to talk to. No one to cry to.

But, is there really no one?

-

The next day, Kaveh fidgeted with his white shirt while sitting on one of the park benches, waiting for the person he called.