Chapter 7

- | Chapter 7

"Thank you, Tighnari and Cyno. I'll bring him home." Alhaitham looked up at the two while holding the not-so-sober blonde in his arms.

The two nodded and left the cafe.

"Are you going to be fine, Haitham?"

"Yeah. I have his keys." Alhaitham said, while rushing to leave the cafe.

"Stay safe, then." Aliyah smiled kindly and let them leave.

Once they were out the door, Alhaitham walked with the other's hand on his shoulder. He stared at him with worry, he started swearing at the other with anger,

"Where were you?" "What happened?" "Why are you drunk like this?" "Why weren't you showing up?" "Why didn't you tell me anything?"

Alhaitham had all these questions inside his head. Suddenly, the other responded.

"Haitthaamm.. I don't want to keep it anymore."

"Keep what..?"

"Keep you. Keep secrets, to keep you."

The man stopped. What was he saying? Keep secrets.. to keep me?

He didn't respond, instead he rushed to Kaveh's dorm. He unlocked the door with the keys Kaveh gave him as a sign of trust.

He dropped Kaveh on his bed and removed his earrings and scarf.

"Talk." Alhaitham said while fixing Kaveh's messed up hair.

".. Have you ever heard something so awful? So awful, that you'd want it out your head the moment you heard it?"

Alhaitham stared at the blonde, where was he going with this?

"I love you, Haitham. You still fucking love your ex but.. please don't leave me. I love you."

Kaveh had dried tears on his cheeks as he was trying his best to keep his eyes open.

The man that was kneeling down beside the bed was stunned. I love my ex?

"What are you on, Kaveh? I was only talking to her for closure."

"Hehe, you should've said that in the first place you fucker."

"But, what do you mean to keep me?"

"It's what it sounds like. To keep you. I thought you loved your ex, you would've left me if I was honest with you. I was ready.. to keep everything to myself, for you."

Kaveh falls asleep upon the touch of the other.

Alhaitham didn't mean it to come off that way. He made him feel like this. What kind of person was he, to let someone he love think that he loved someone else?

He left in silence so that he can let the other sleep. I wonder if he's going to have any memory of this tomorrow?

It was awkward. They had a meeting about the project with the two courses and it was their turn to present their ideas.

It went well, but the tension was felt all over the room.

When it was done, Alhaitham pulled Kaveh aside.

"Kaveh."

"What?"

"You know, what."

"Know.. what?"

Kaveh remembered everything. When he confessed, he was sober. Sober and done with this bullshit. But, it'd be funny to see what Alhaitham would do.

".. Forget it."

"Wait, you fucker! I do. I know."

"Finally."

Then, silence came. It was super awkward.

"I, I know what I thought was stupid. I won't be mad if you don't like me back, please get it over with."

"I love you."

Oh.

Oh.

".. Wait, for real?"

"I love you, Kaveh. Ever since you came over at my house."

"Didn't you still love your ex during tha-"

"Kaveh. I didn't know miscommunication would get this bad. But no, I didn't. I found that out when I met Nilou again. We're only talking for a week then we're ending everything."

"You should've said that at the very start."

"I know, I'm sorry." Alhaitham pleaded then continued,

"But, don't get drunk like that again without anyone watching over you. You might've gotten into an accident, you're lucky Tighnari and Cyno brought you to me." as he looked Kaveh's eyes.

"W, well. I'm sorry, you messed me up so bad you jerk." Kaveh flushed when Alhaitham looked at his eyes, maybe he really was prideful.

Alhaitham giggled at his reaction and it was a sound Kaveh was drawn to, even when he was drunk as fuck over the phone.

"I love you too, Haitham."

Alhaitham could get used to this. "I know that. Can I-"

Kaveh rushed to hug Alhaitham as they both tightened their arms around each other.

"You're so stupid that it's infuriating."

"Don't say that. You're hugging me, I can't take your insults seriously."

And they both let the moment sink into their bones, they made their bodies remember the touch and warmth of the other. 

Maybe, you just have to find someone who doesn't make love a villain.

END yayyy