Chapter 9: Galactic Fairy

Morning found Sheryl waltzing into the Gefion's small galley, eager to find something to wake herself up with. As she glanced around the room, noting that only a few crew members were present, her eyes settled on the young, blue-haired girl she remembered at the 'debriefing' from yesterday. Curious, Sheryl walked over to where Mina was sitting and said, "I was wondering, are you part of SMS Ouroboros as well?"

Mina, startled by Sheryl semi-sneaking up on her yelped slightly but her attitude changed to starry-eyed wonder when she realized who it was that was talking to her.

"Oh! I, uh, yes I'm a member of the Gefion's crew. I... I'm Mina Forte and I'm..." the rest of Mina's sentence came out in a rush of words, "I'm a big fan of yours, Miss Sheryl, and I was wondering, um, if I could shake your hand?"

While the Galactic Fairy was no stranger to her fans fawning over her, she couldn't help but find the wide-eyed innocence of Mina a little refreshing.

"It'd be hard to say no to a cute girl like you," she said with a wink.

Mina stood up and reached forward to clasp hands with Sheryl but the moment their hands touched, both girls gasped as they felt a sensation like an electric current shoot up their arms.

At the same time, Rion, Aisha, Roy and Alto had walked into the galley. Sheryl and Mina both yelped in pain and staggered back from each other, Mina collapsing onto the bench that she had been sitting on, Sheryl almost falling to her knees if Alto and Roy hadn't caught her.

"This is just like that time when she recovered her memories!" thought Rion as he rushed to Mina's side along with Aisha.

"Sheryl! Are you alright?" said Alto as he helped the singer back to her feet.

"I... I'm fine, I think. But what was that?" she asked, a little dizzily.

"That proves it!" said Aisha. Seeing that neither Mina nor Sheryl were injured, she had started putting the pieces together in her head just like Rion. "This happened to Mina before in the ruins! And since Alto and Sheryl said that they found themselves in the ruins after a Fold phenomenon..."

"Excuse me but what are you talking about?" asked Sheryl, tensely. She still very much wanted to know what had just happened to her.

"Sorry but I'll let Rion explain. I have to get to the ruins that you arrived at!" Aisha babbled.

As soon as the words left her mouth she was off, back through the hatch they'd come in through.

"Hey, Aisha, wait a min..." Rion started, but it was already too late.

"And she's gone, just like that," added Mina.

"Tch, I guess I will have to explain by myself," said Rion. He then gave Sheryl and Alto a rundown of everything SMS Ouroboros knew about the Protoculture Ruins, the Aura cutting off Ouroboros from the rest of the galaxy even dividing the planet itself and Mina's awakening and recovery of her memories, although his explanation had nowhere near the level of technical detail that Aisha would have included.

"So that's what's been going happening on this planet," Sheryl said after Rion had finished.

"Mina, who is connected to the ruins and Sheryl then reacts to that connection after we showed up here. Can't be a coincidence," added Alto.

"And that's where Aisha's gone, to investigate the ruins where you arrived," said Rion.

"Shouldn't we go too?" asked Alto, "Sheryl and I'd like some answers and his whole thing sounds like it could have even farther-reaching implications than just what's been happening on Ouroboros."