Chapter 1 - The Sodor Railway Race

Scene 1

As if it were a HiT Era special, the Thomas & Friends intro plays like normal, Island of Sodor sequence, and all. At the end of it, the title of the special appears on the screen.

Scene 2

Multiple shots of the engines working, all looking very excited.

NARRATOR: It was a very special time on the Island of Sodor.

Shot of a poster on a station wall.

NARRATOR: The annual Sodor Railway Race was happening in just a few days.

Shot of various engines racing down a stretch of track, crossing a finish line, then showing a picture of a special trophy - THE PISTON CUP.

NARRATOR: Engines from all over would race against one another, and the winner would be declared a railway champion, and win the famous Piston Cup.

Shot of various engines at KNAPFORD RAILWAY STATION.

NARRATOR: The Fat Controller's Engines were very excited - they knew the Sodor Railway Race was a very special event.

Panning shot of the engines looking towards GORDON, whom the shot ends on.

NARRATOR: But none knew it better than Gordon. He had won the Piston Cup many times before and hoped to win it again this year.

Scene 3

Extended wide shot of TIDMOUTH SHEDS shown from above. THOMAS, PERCY and DUCK are there.

NARRATOR: At Tidmouth Sheds, Thomas, Percy and Duck were talking excitedly about the race.

THOMAS: It's going to be the biggest event of the year!

DUCK: Oh, yes! There's going to be flags!

PERCY: And a Brass Band!

DUCK: And lots of engines are going to compete.

THOMAS: I wonder who will be in the race?

Shot of EDWARD pulling up next to the sheds.

NARRATOR: Just then, Edward puffed up.

EDWARD: What's going on here?

THOMAS: We were just talking about the Sodor Railway Race.

NARRATOR: And the tank engines told Edward all about it.

EDWARD: How exciting! I remember when I first took part in the race.

NARRATOR: Percy gasped.

PERCY: You, Edward? You were in the Sodor Railway Race?!

EDWARD: Indeed, I was. Although, it was a long, long time ago.