~ONE~

ONE: At Some Point in Her Life

Words: 1417 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's note: shes baaaaack

***

"Run!"

His breath came out in smothers as he and his lover bolted through the dark forest, their faces frozen in panic.

The creature kept close behind them, growling as it followed.

To his horror, he stepped on a particularly sharp rock. He screamed as his legs gave out and he felt himself falling to the ground.

"Eddie!" His lover cried, freezing in her tracks.

"No!" He begged as he tried to get back on his feet, failing to do so. "No! Keep going!"

She hesitated but eventually, she broke into a run, leaving him on the ground.

He braced herself for incoming death as he heard the creature's nearing growls and footsteps.

He couldn't help let out a scream when he felt it grab his arm, its long nails digging into his skin. He closed his eyes as it opened its jaw wide and...

-

"Cut!"

Her expression went blank in an instant, the fear dropping in her face.

"That was great, Valerie! My best Alissa Summers!" The director announced from behind a megaphone. "That scream was just so mmph! And Gaten, that fall was just so humph! I knew you'd be the perfect Edwardo Kasper!"

Valerie - 'Alissa' in Mr. Muschietti's new movie 'Afraid, babe?', helped Gaten - 'Edwardo' - to his feet.

"Thank you, Mr. Muschietti." She smiled then turned to her co-star. "You alright?"

Gaten nodded. "Quite, you?"

"Just dandy."

He smiled as they both made their ways off set and to their chairs behind the camera.

'Valerie Sumner' labelled the red chair she sat in, in big bold letters at the back.

"Can I get Caleb and Sophia on the set next?!" Mr. Muschietti ordered through his megaphone as Valerie wiped the sweat on her forehead away with a rag. "I need my Lucius Singer and Bethany Mars on set, please!"

Gaten fished a pack of Marlboro from his coat pocket and nudged his co-star.

"Wyatt and I're gonna go out for a smoke. Come with?"

She shook her head politely. "Naw, I'm taking a long-needed break from the nicotine."

"Damn, Val. Respect." He nodded before he made his way to the studio's exit doors, joined by their curly-haired co-star.