~THREE~

THREE: Curiosity and the Cat

Words: 566 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's note: feel free to leave comments guys ik a lot of yall r rlly funny ;)

***

What was she doing?

What are you doing?

"What am I doing?"

Valerie stared at the yellow cab in front of her, then at the trunk where she had just loaded with her luggage.

What in the world was she doing?

There was no way she was in her right mind. No way.

Was she really gonna just up and leave for Derry?

That's crazy, right?

All this just because of some 'old friend' that she barely even remembered, and apparently hadn't talked to in the last 27 years.

Not to mention the fact that she felt so uneasy, she felt she could keel over and throw up right then and there.

Who cares if the other losers went? Why did she have to-

"Losers." She muttered to herself, her eyes widening.

The losers.

The image of those figures out on that field that one summer day, came back to mind - this time, their features were rather blurred than completely faceless.

In a second, names begin to cartwheel around her brain.

Mike...Ben...Stanley...Bill...Richie...Bev...

Eddie...

"Welcome to the loser's club, asshole!"

Who had Richie told that to again?

Richie.

An image of a young boy with glasses and a mischeivous smile came to form in Val's mind.

What was his last name again? She couldn't think enough to remember.

"Aye, Trashmouth Tozier!"

Who had said that again?

It was his best friend. Right?

Who was Richie Tozier's best friend again?

Val's thoughts were interrupted by the cab driver pressing his horn.

"Hey, miss!" He hollered, annoyed. "The night is young, I get that, but I still got people to drive and places to be! You getting in or what?"

Val nodded and reached for the door handle, her breath caught and her fingers lingered on the metal.

Was she that curious?

Is she gonna let curiosity kill the cat?

What happened the last time she let curiosity take over again...?

A chill ran down her spine.

She couldn't remember what exactly, but she sensed it wasn't anything good.

"You made a promise..."

Did she make a promise?

She couldn't remember it. If she had no recollection of that said promise, was she still binded to keep it?

The scar on her hand suddenly began to itch, as if on cue.

She wondered if that promise was the story behind her dumb scar.

"If it ever comes back...we come back too..."

What was "it"? And why did it keep causing her nerves to go off in alarm state.

She jumped when the driver honked the horn again, holding it for a longer time now.

"Miss!"

Without skipping another beat, Val pried open the cab door and forced herself in.

"Finally." The driver rolled his eyes as his passenger stared blankly in the passenger seat. "Where to, miss?"

She was horrified - frozen, in fear.

Who's Eddie?

"Airport." She muttered, barely louder than a whisper.

The driver sighed in frustration.

"Better be given a hefty-ass tip for this..."

As the car started to make its way down paved road and palm trees at the side, another image popped into Valerie's mind.

A lone red balloon.

Written on it were the words - Ali Sumner.