~FOUR~

FOUR: Home Sweet Home

Words: 986 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's note: sorry for the update taking a bit, ive been working on other stuff loll

***

Once her jet had set down onto the small town of Derry, she found heeself a cab and got herself a spot at the local Inn. Before she knew it, she was taking another cab.

This one to a Chinese restaurant Mike had told her to get to once she got there.

The things that can happen in a few hours was truly a marvel.

"This it, ma'am?" The driver pointed at the restaurant the cab was approaching.

'Jade of The Orient' the sign at the front of the restaurant stated.

"Yes, there it is." Valerie nodded. "Thank you."

After paying and bidding the man a polite goodnight, Val found herself staring at the place.

It was clearly a new building - it looked far too clean and nice to have been around in Derry's older days.

Times really do change, huh?

"I'm getting old..." She cringed as she made her way to the restaurant's doors.

As she drew closer to the place, a voice interrupted her stride.

"Ms. Sumner! Ms. Sumner! Hey, wait a minute, Ms. Sumner!"

She turned around to find a man who seemed to be around her age.

He had dark scruffy hair, he wore glasses that seemed a tad big for his head, a brown button down shirt and a cartoonish grin on his face.

"Can I get your autograph, Miss?" He smiled wide.

Valerie nodded, smiling.

She wasn't aware she had fans in Derry.

She tried to think of what films or shows Derry people would watch of her.

I suppose 'Weirder Stuff' has been doing pretty well these days.

"Of course." She said, fishing through her purse for the pen she always kept in it. "Got something to sign?"

He nodded, a mischievous smirk suddenly forming on his face.

He turned around and stuck his bum out.

"Pick your cheek of choice, I don't mimd what you write, just address it to 'Trashmouth', please and thank you."

Valerie's jaw drops and a flurry of angry words flail around her mind.

What a disgusting man! What is wrong with this gu-

"Trashmouth?" She stopped herself before she could begin to scold him.

The man turned back around to face her, a giant grin on his face.

"The one and only."

Familiarity flickers in her eyes as a familiar voice of a vague memory plays like a tape in her mind.

"Sure! Blame the trashmouth!"
"Beep beep, Richie!"
"Trashmouth Tozier at your service..."

"Richie Tozier, as I live and breath!" She was surprised when she spoke his full name.

She swore she hadn't known it a few minutes ago.

"She remembers!" He laughed as they pulled each other into a tight hug.

"How've you been?" Val sighed as she pulled away.

"Just dandy." He smirked. "What about you, Miss three-time Vogue cover star, Ms. Sumner? What does one Oscar-nominated actress do on the weekends? Other than the line of men at her door, I assume?"

"Clearly better than you." Val scoffed sassily. "You know who else is in line at my door? Your moth-"

She stopped herself, gasping as Richie keeled over in loud laughter.

She didn't know what had just taken over her and what caused her to snark like that, but she did.

They laughed together as they began to make their way towards the restaurant's doors.

"'Your mom' jokes really will never age, huh." Val giggled, face-palming.

"Nope." Richie shrugged, then his face went dead serious. "But you know who did? My mother. She's dead now."

Val's face paled and she paused.

"Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss, I didn't kno-"

Richie burst into a new stream of laughter and Val crossed her arms.

"Hollywood made your brain weird, Ali." He shook his head, heaving from laughter.

She was about to respond with something witty when her voice died in her throat.

Ali...
Ali-Bee...

It had been a while since someone, in person, had called her by her childhood name.

She had completely forgotten about the name she used to hold. How come?

Why did she forgot such a big part of her childhood? Her own freakin' name?

The pair of them continued walking in sudden silence, which Richie found weird.

He didn't know why his old friend had suddenly gone quiet.

But truthfully, he was also a bit confused as well.

He had only remembered her - vaguely - in the latest years of his life because she was 'Valerie Sumner'. Renowned 'It Girl' of 2019.

Working in the comedy show industry, he was well aware of his old friend and how she's been doing lately.

But he couldn't remember her as Derry Valerie.

He knew she existed, knew they were friends before.

But he couldn't remember Derry Valerie. Ali.

And she couldn't either.

And so they walked in silence that wasn't necessarily awkward, but wasn't comfortable either.

They really barely remembered anything, didn't they?

But, why? How?

They came to a halt when they spotted two figures a few feet ahead of them.

One was a pretty red-haired woman dressed in a fashionable green blazer, and an attractive man in a jean jacket.

That familiar twinge of familiarity pricked at Val's mind upon seeing them.

Before she could think any further, Richie had begun walking towards them, dragging Val by the sleeve along with him.

The pair had been talking and laughing about something when Val and Richie appeared to interrupt them.

"So you all look amazing." Richie scoffed, catching the duo's attention. "What the fuck happened to me then?"

They turned to face them and Valerie suddenly felt her heart pause for a beat.

Two names suddenly popped into mind when she finally got a good look at their faces.

Ben Hanscom.
Bev Marsh.