Part 11: Have A Filler Chapter

Gaster was trying and failing to make the cookies he'd wanted from scratch. He was currently starring at the burnt lumps on the tray with an incredibly glum expression. You'd think the smartest scientist of the Underground would've learned from his previous experiences that he was a just...awful when it came to cooking. He couldn't even make a grilled cheese sandwich without it burning it to charcoal.

"Damnit..." Gaster sighed and started pulling off the apron he'd borrowed for Papyrus.

"Is everything alright, Gaster?" Came Asgore's voice, calm and rumbling a bit as he appeared in the kitchen doorway.

"Asgore!" Gaster said with a bright smile when he was the king, "I didn't know you were coming."

"The meeting I was supposed to go to ended up getting canceled, so I thought I'd stop by. Sans let me in." Asgore chuckled, "I never thought that I'd end up seeing you in an apron. It looks good on you."

"I wouldn't get used to it." Gaster snickered, putting the apron away as he gestured to the cookies on the tray, "I'm still a pretty bad cook."

Asgore went over to examine what was on the tray, "Are these supposed to be cookies?" Asgore's shoulders shook lightly as the king tried to keep himself from laughing.

"Oh hush." Gaster huffed, "I said, I wasn't good at cooking."

"Would you like some help?" Asgore offered, turning to the skeleton, "Toriel taught me a few tricks."

"If I go near that stove again, I might make it explode."

Asgore came over and wrapped his arms around the scientist from behind, "That's what you have me for~"

Gaster blushed a bit purple, then leaned back against Asgore's chest, putting his own arms over the goat's, "Well, it has been a minute since we've gotten to have some time to ourselves~" Gaster turned his head a bit and placed a gentle kiss to the side of Asgore's face.

"Just what I was thinking." Asgore grinned, nuzzling into Gaster's shoulder a bit.

"I'm afraid we only have the one apron though."

"I don't need one." Asgore pressed a kiss to the skeleton's temple, "Now why don't we throw those bricks out and get started?" Asgore teased.

"Bricks?" Gaster mocked offense, "I'll have you know sir, that I spent an hour trying to make those~"

"My apologies, I didn't realize you were struggling so much, I would've come sooner to save this baking disaster." Asgore merely laughed as Gaster's face became incredibly purple.

"What am I going to do with you?" Gaster asked fondly, playing with Asgore's hair a bit.

"Well..." Asgore suddenly seemed a bit nervous as he turned Gaster around to look him in the eye, "I have an idea."

"Oh?" Gaster took Asgore's hand, running his thumb over the king's knuckles.

"You could always move in with me."

Gaster's breath caught for a moment, and he felt himself blushing again, "You...want me to move in with you?"

"I understand if you don't want to I just- w-well I figured since-" Asgore was growing more and more red in the face, stumbling over his words as he tried to not embarrass himself, "I-It was a bad idea-"

Gaster couldn't stop himself from smiling, Asgore was just so adorably awkward sometimes, "Asgore, take a breath."

The king stopped, looking down at him, "I shouldn't have-"

Asgore was cut off by Gaster placing a firm kiss on his mouth, "If you'd stop worrying for a moment, I was about to say that I'd love to move in with you." Gaster was grinning from nonexistent ear to nonexistent ear, feeling overjoyed.

"You would?"

"I already spend most of my time over at your home, I may as well live there already." Gaster joked, looping his arms around Asgore's shoulders, "I'd love to wake up every morning to your smile, and a nice cup of coffee of course~" Gaster laughed, twirling a lock of Asgore's hair on his finger.

It took a moment for Asgore to process what all Gaster had said, but when he did, he looked completely overjoyed, tears pricking the corners of his eyes just a bit from how happy he was. He cupped the skeleton's face in his hands, peppering his face in kisses that made Gaster giggle uncontrollably. Gaster tugged the king down a bit so he could hide his face in his shoulder.

"You're a big, fluffy dork." He chuckled, as if he wasn't blushing a bright enough purple to make his skull look like a giant grape.

"But I'm your dork." Asgore said, wrapping his arms around the smaller monster.

"Damn straight~" Gaster turned his eyelights up to the king, "Now why don't we make those cookies?"

"That sounds good to me."