we can call it a mistake once it's already done

Dan was hosting another party on a random Wednesday night, and they'd decided to go as a group; they hadn't been there all that long when they'd separated into two smaller but distinct groups. The girls and the guys. The guys being Ashton, Luke and Michael, and the Girls were Sierra, Crystal, KayKay and himself. Calum always seemed to end up with the girls, he liked to pretend it was something to do with emotional intelligence, but they regularly humbled him in that regard.

They'd been here honestly too long by the time he misplaced the girls. They'd gone to the bathroom, and then someone had offered Calum a drink, and when he'd gone back to wait outside the bathroom, two different girls walked out. Which meant his girls had already headed back into the party. He quietly hoped Crystal and Sierra were looking for their husbands so they could all go home. Ashton wouldn't stay if only he and Calum were left; they could be back at his having sex, which the more Calum's drunk mind thought about, the more appealing it became.

So he started searching for at least one person he's come with, and eventually, he found Luke sitting on a couch, paper cup in hand. No one was sitting with him, and he assumed it was for the same reason he was alone; someone had gone to get a drink or go to the bathroom, and he asked as much when he sat down.

"Get separated from Mike and Ash?" flopping down next to the older man and curling into his side, careful not to bump either of their cups.

He knew there were rumours in the circles they ran in about him and Luke. That was probably because they were like this in public. No one knew about Calum and Ashton; all these people had already heard the rumours from years ago about Luke and Ashton. No one knew either, of course, that Luke and Calum had actually slept together, Michael too, but he assumed they'd be unlikely to believe that one.

Luke hummed, "haven't seen my wife since I got here, and those two losers went off to look at some fish tank a while ago," he rolled his eyes and sipped his drink.

"I was with Si till a little bit ago; Crystal, KayKay and her went off to the bathroom; problems of being a boy, can't go with them, at least not without it looking bad," he chuckled.

Luke's arm was around his waist, as they laughed together, "you always seem to end up with the girls,"

Calum leant in close to Luke's ear, closer than he meant to, his tipsy state ruining his depth perception, "cause whether you three want to admit it or not, I'm a WAG," his breath hot against Luke's neck. He wasn't sure he'd meant to, but he wasn't upset he had; teasing Luke was fun.

Another hum, fingers gently teasing the small bit of exposed skin on Calum's waist, "you like being Ashton's wife?" he asked, matching Calum's tone.

He rubbed his lips together, thinking, "it has its benefits,"

"Like?"

"He's not very jealous," Calum said coyly; they weren't doing this; they were just playing at it.

Their eyes held for half a moment, and then Calum snuggled back in against Luke's side, head in the crook of his neck, breath fanning against it again. The older man's hand still running delicate fingertips along exposed skin.

Luke took a sip of his drink, "want another one?" Calum considered he should stop now, and maybe he could avoid a hangover, but the buzz was nice, making him feel playful and relaxed. One more just to keep buzzed, he reasoned; lots of people had already left, and by the time he finished the next, they'd be leaving anyway.

"Sure," he agreed.

He shifted off Luke and the couch, realising just how many people had left since he'd sat down next to Luke. The kitchen was empty when they entered; the counters were almost completely sticky, and empty cups and bottles covered a lot of the bench space, but amongst them were a few bottles with enough for a drink left in them, if that.