Part Twenty Three

Chapter Twenty Three

He looked at the closed bathroom door and groaned, "way to go Coop!"

The shower clicked on within the room and he knew it'd be a while before Freya appeared, and who could blame her? He was as usual so worried about how she'd conned him, that he forgot the golden rule to date. Freya didn't lie, she was an open book, she honestly believed that she had sex with that colleague. But she hadn't. What sort of man lies deliberately like that? What sort of a man acts as though she was the biggest liar on the planet?

Reaching for his jeans he pulled them on, then sat with his head in his hands for a few moments, she'd done everything he asked of her, and more, and that was how he repaid her?  He felt like a bastard, though that was no consolation. He had to deal with things, make it right.

No amount of scrubbing seemed to make her feel clean; she was desperate to get rid of the last hour. Mitchell Cooper was a first class bastard. First he accused her of lying, then after...she shook her head, if she knew what had happened in his arms then she'd be able to process it, describe it.

She'd not had sex with Simon.

That had been a revelation, but she instantly knew that it was true. She knew that she'd remember something as...she struggled for a word...as life changing as what had occurred in her bedroom, then there'd be no doubt as to if she'd experienced it, more a question of how she could get to do it again.

Simon had lied to her. She had thought that would hurt her, but she was still throbbing from her first orgasm, her first sexual high. And in reality the first kiss she'd shared with Mitchell Cooper just a few days ago had been a sign that what happened between her and Simon, the relationship she thought they had was nothing. She didn't feel inadequate with this man, didn't feel useless or naive. He'd made her feel like a goddess, it had been just as he'd told her, that with the right man she wouldn't need practice, that she'd come alive in his arms without prompting. And he was right.

Until it came crashing down around her in a blaze of anger and accusations. How dare he? He KNEW that she was inexperienced; he knew that she was nervous, naive...the last thing she needed was him compounding her anxiety and self doubt.

Yet you're hiding in the shower! He should be the one hiding from you after all he said and did.  With a grunt of determination she rinsed the soap off her body then jumped out of the booth, wrapping herself in a towel. Opening the door she was about to storm into the bedroom and the connecting door to his room in an array of hormones and anger wanting her pound of flesh. But instead she almost got knocked off her feet as she catapulted into the firm and still bare chest of said man.

Glaring up at him she held a hand up as he made to speak, silencing him, "you bastard. Don't you DARE say anything to me."

He was like a goldfish, mouth bobbing open and closed in surprise as she shoulder barged past him. She'd never have shifted his weight with her own, but he stepped back and let her move, giving her the control she needed.

As she reached her bag she turned to him, "you going to watch me change? Is that what this is? One mistake does not mean you own me!"

That was all it took to light the spark under him, he stormed across the room to her, "ok, so I was wrong. I was shocked, I snapped. If I'd known then there was no way I would ever have done that." he pointed distractedly to the bed. "I should never have taken advantage. Shit. Freya...we need to talk about this."

                "We've done enough talking, ok? You said enough when you called me a liar, moments after taking my virginity. Ok? We're done here." It still shocked her to think that she had been a virgin, but that wasn't the point now, it wasn't the biggest shock of the night, that had been him turning on her.