What Is Eternity

Chapter 15:

Lux's POV:

"Lux!" Gretchen called to me from the school steps. I smiled and gave her a quick one handed side hug.

"Hey guys." I greeted my new friends.

"Hey babe!" Corey said all flirty like and Gretchen scowled slightly. I had heard that Gretchen has had a crush on Corey since the fifth grade, according to Jackie. And Jackie also slipped that her and Mason have been going out for a year and a half.

And don't worry, I made sure to give her crap about it too.

I felt Carter's hand squeeze mine tight, and I gave him a bone breaking squeeze back, signaling to him not to freak out over nothing.

"Hey Mina did you do the Trig homework?" I asked the slender blonde, who kicked the pine tree next to her softly.

"Not exactly..." Mina trailed off and I groaned.

"Me neither." I admitted and everyone else look amazed at us.

"You guys got Trig homework on the first day!?" Embry exclaimed, clapping a hand on my shoulder in surprise. The two of us nodded and he sighed, shaking his head.

"Man I miss school on the Res." Quil pouted and Jared nodded.

"What was school like back on the La Push Reservation?" Mason asked, doing a hair flip similar to Justin Bieber's so I shot Jackie a "he's-adorable-for-you" look and she flared at me with her hazel eyes.

"Dude... Wind surfing on the beach, barely any school at all, running out in the woods with the pack... It was the life." Jared said and Carter, Quil, Embry, and I shot him daggers.

"What's 'the pack'?" Gretchen asked and thank the LORD, at this time a Freshman boy walked up to me with a Starbucks coffee in his hand.

"Hi, um, Lux." The boy murmured, shuffling his feet. Jackie, Mina, and Gretchen all tried to conceal their fit of laughter I could sense coming on. The boys all wolf whistled and made kissy noises at us, while Carter tensed up, clearly not amused.

"Hi... Can I help you?" I asked gently, trying to ignore my friends who wouldn't stop giggling. The boy held out the Starbucks that was in his hand, and placed it in mine. I looked confused up at the boy.

"I'm sorry who are you, and why am I holding your coffee?" I demanded, not liking the fact that a complete stranger was making me hold his coffee.

"It's Robert Lammers, and it's not my coffee, it's yours." Robert said walking away with a small smile. I cocked my head to the side in confusion.

"Check the note on the cup... See you around?" He asked. I nodded only the tiniest bit, and Robert walked off into the building.

"What does it say!?" Gretchen demanded as soon as he left. Mina, being the calm one, simply laughed, running a hand through her long hair.

"Go on Lux, read the love letter." Jackie cooed at me, and I scowled, but reluctantly looked on the side of the cup for Robert's note.

'Maybe we could get the coffee together sometime? -xoxoxoxo Rob'

The boys burst out laughing, though Carter still remained silent at my side. I groaned, and face palmed myself, handing the coffee to Jackie.

"Here, take it." I said, pushing the mocha in her hands. Jackie didn't question it, but simply downed the thing in three sips.

"God, your like a freaking Anaconda!" Mina exclaimed and we all burst out laughing.

Just then the bell rang and I picked up my purse, and waved goodbye to my friends.