The Start of All Things

Hi! I'm Afternoon Acothley. This story is about how I, Afternoon, made my dreams my reason for success. I agree that yes, success looks for you if you put into whatever you like much of hard work, love, and diligence, as these are the magic ingredients; spices to your success. Sure, everyone can earn success with these, but do you know that all the successful persons that you know and those you don't have all got a backstory of their own, here's mine...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a young girl, I loved writing - it was my hobby. I loved writing, stories, and poems alike. I used to make my very own essays, speeches, songs and plays as well. This was a very useful hobby, whenever I found time, I would scribble something into my little notebook, so, whenever I needed these for my homework, I would get a fresh piece of my work, which everyone around me appreciated. All this began after I started reading. In my young days, people called me 'dreamy', and my teachers would describe me to be 'dozing off in between classes'. This was because I would cook up a story in my mind whenever I was bored, and later I would scribble, or illustrate those ideas in my little notebook. Yes, I was good at art too, so I could illustrate pictures in my pieces of literature without getting help from a professional illustrator, and my art was good, too.

When I was about thirteen, I decided that I would publish my own written work, cause that's what I am good at, and I knew that the readers would enjoy reading and using it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I could create my pictures too, and I knew that becoming a writer was a very suitable job for me. I mean, I do enjoy whipping up a story in my free time and writing, so why not publish 'em? I began by writing short stories and poems to be published in the school magazine which were an instant hit. We students too had a weekly magazine of our own, which contained our artwork, literature, news, fashion tips, facts, cooking, and so on, which would be circulated to the school. A friend of my own was the editor of the magazine that year, so I decided - why not give my literature to them? I made my pictures, and I let my friends design their pictures, and we published the most creative and attractive piece that showed the theme of the work. I had a huge fanbase at school.

My neighbors too quite enjoyed my work. I had a whole cupboard for my work - a shelf for poetry, another for novels, another one for short stories and dramas, and the bottommost one for my speeches and essays. My drawers were filled with my art pieces. I do remember that some of my neighbors would come to my house to read some of them, while others came to learn from me or get a speech or essay for school.

My parents were quite proud of me, as I did my work well without using their help. I made many friends using my literature pieces, and we would discuss our ideas and sometimes even write a story together. My sister did describe me to be a 'Barbie' or her 'Practically Perfect at Everything' sister, which were quite annoying names. I mean, I sure could bake, draw, paint, study, do my homework on my own, and such. I did have good grammar, and I was athletic, too. And to top it all, I had blonde hair (platinum, not golden blonde!!), which were, of course, my crazy sister's crazy opinions. And blue eyes...

Question - What are your hobbies?