Fulfilling Dreams: The Truth Unwinding

Our situation changed overnight. Maggie even suggested I publish my works. I was a bit reluctant at first but eventually gave in. I posted my works to the world and they became an instant success. Our financial condition improved a lot and it was much MUCH better than how it was earlier. I became a world-famous writer and poet overnight. My name was on Google and Wikipedia; and in fact, I was the talk of the town - in the virtual and the physical world.

We even moved our house, and cities, and got ourselves much better things. We moved into a new big house. Although I still wanted to stay, I realized it was for the better - better facilities and chances, more providence to my and Maggie's success, and hopefully, Dad wouldn't get stared at so much anymore. I could promote my books better, and I could easily attend interviews about my books and related things.

So our situation was good. Very good. I was happily fulfilling my dreams, and Maggie had developed her business skills, which were her dreams. But there was still something behind the shadows. Another mystery to unwind. Something more to know. And that 'something' was about finding WHO on earth would do such an awful thing as framing Dad and ruining our lives. But I am partly thankful that it had happened or my dreams wouldn't have ever come true. We would have had to put in a lot more hard work to fulfill our dreams. But of course, you should imagine the tension that came to us at that time. Also, if it weren't for our neighbors, friends, and relatives advertising my work, I wouldn't have ever gained success at such a young age.

But actually, the tide turned by moving things our way.

One day, one of our neighbors from our old place, Mr. Swift came into our house. He looked worried and tensed and full of guilt, and also looked a tiny bit jealous. We were all puzzled at the sight, but I shook it off thinking that he was a bit jealous after taking first sight at our house. Mum asked him if he wanted some tea, and he said he'd have some. He wanted to talk to all of us, so we called Dad in (he was in the backyard, quite unaware of things), and served some snacks to Mr. Swift, and then we all sat to talk to Mr. Swift.

'Aubrey 'ol pal! What was it that you wanted to talk to us about?' Dad asked. (Mr. Swift's first name was Aubrey) Aubrey was a bit hesitant to tell us what he wanted to say. We were all confused and curious to know what he wanted to say. 'I-I-I-I was the one who framed you for sharing the private information with the other company. I had done it myself' he said looking at the floor. We were all shocked and confused. Mr. Swift - Mr. Aubrey Swift? Dad's best friend? But why would he do that? We were all very enraged. Maggie and Dad began to shout at him and tell him of all the hardships we had to go through. Mom looked at the floor, her eyes filled with tears. I couldn't find any words to say, and neither did any words come out. Ginger saw me and came and licked me. I held him with my hands and hugged him.

'Please! Listen to me!' Mr. Swift said, tears rolling from his eyes that looked guilty. 'And why do you think we should do that? You were the one who helped us most during that time - in fact, you were watching us struggle! You were Dad's best friend! Of all things, why would you do that to him? Oh no, I don't want to hear it' Maggie replied intensively, and Dad agreed to every word she said. Mom looked up, wiped her tears, and said, 'Maggie dear, let him tell us what he has to say. I don't think he has completed what he wants to say. After all, it was he who had come to us to tell us the truth 'But mother -' Maggie began, but Mum shot a glare at her. 'You can continue, Aubrey', she said.

'Thank you, Mrs. Acothley' Mr. Swift said. 'I was bribed to be given money by the other company. I agreed, due to my greed. But I had to frame it on someone. And that someone was you' he continued, looking at my dad. 'You, Mr. Acothley, were the only one who had access to the documents, so it was very easy to frame it on you. Of course, I felt guilty, but I was greedier at the time. There was also another reason why I framed you. You were going to have a promotion I heard, and I wanted it. So as soon as you were fired, I got it. When you and your family were going through hard times, I helped you guys so that it would seem like I had felt bad for you, so that you would never suspect me. But then, you published your daughter's books and poems and earned a lot of money out of them. And trust me, I was happy for you guys, but I was a bit jealous, but I had nothing to do about it. Sometime after you had shifted here, I had begun to feel guilty for my wrongdoing. So I called the cops to capture the people who bribed me. I too, will get caught. You see...' he continued and then pointed at the door. We saw two policemen standing there, so we believed him.

'Would you ever be able to forgive me?' he asked. 'It would take some time to forgive you because you committed such a crime. But for now, I feel a lot better because I didn't and won't ever expect anyone to come and tell us about a crime they did, let alone give themselves to the police - that was a very noble thing to do' Dad replied, and we nodded. Mr. Swift smiled. He was taken in by the police.

- - - - -

Ever since we have been living our lives happily. Dad's name was cleared. His old boss repented to him for having ever suspected him and even said that he wanted him back. But oh no, we didn't move back. I've been writing more best-selling books, and Dad's and Mom's jobs have been going well too. I am in college, studying to become a detective, and I've been taking journalism classes too. My sister's in college too, studying to become a businesswoman.

- - - - -

Well, that's my story. Remember, you too can fulfill your dreams if you put your heart into them, that is how I named this book 'Another Wave of Dreams'. Remember to enjoy every moment, and to take every moment as an experience. Even if bad things happen in your life, do remember that you can take that as an experience and sometimes, just maybe, you might earn success through them, like what happened in my story! Remember to find and take the light in every dark situation. And remember, to always follow your dreams.

This is Afternoon Acothley (and Ginger the Cat), signing off

Author's Notes -

Hey dear readers! How was the book? I hope you enjoyed it! Please comment down the suggestions you have for me, and do vote for the book! I hope you have got an ample lot of inspiration from that!

I will be posting a few new books like Truth or Dares, and y/n books, and I do take requests as well! Please feel free to ask for any new books that you'd like to read.

!! DISCLAIMER !!

This story is NOT about my life. But in fact, it is a true story, a lot of true stories that I've heard from friends, mixed by me if I'm being honest.