Chapter 16: Everything Is Going Just Swell

Tao POV

After eating at Mariasol, Xiumin and I walked around the docks, looking at the stores. "Let's buy a souvenir!" Xiumin shouted excitedly. "You need to calm down." I said, glaring at him. Xiumin was like a child, even though he was the oldest. He was just a big ball of sunshine and extremely adorable that it should be illegal.

"Sorry." Muttered Xiumin. We went inside a gift shop, looking around. I went towards the jacket section, admiring all the jackets. One in particular caught my eye, it was a sleek black leather jacket that had a beach babe on the back who wore a bikini from the pinup era. She was clearly Betty Paige. God she's gorgeous, I thought. I tried on the jacket, looking at the way it fit me. "Damn I look good." I told myself while winking at myself in the mirror and I quickly took a few selcas. Xiumin appeared behind me, photo bombing one of my selcas, he grinned happily in the photo. "Why do you always look cute?" I asked him. "Because I eat baozis." I just laughed. "What are you getting, Xiumin?" I ask while taking off the jacket. "This." And he showed me a beautiful pearlescent glass clam. "It's nice." "It is!" He said excitedly, then continued on "And it opens." He clicked on the side of the clam, making the clam open up and it revealed a black pearl. I awed at the sight of it, I could hear Xiumin lowly singing Black Pearl and slowly moved his body to the rhythm he was humming a long to. I smiled watching him and decided to sing along and dance with him as well.

A few moments later, the shopkeeper told us to stop singing and dancing or she'd kick out. I frowned, she killed our fun. Xiumin and I paid for our stuff and walked out the door. "Let's go home." Xiumin said."I can't just yet, I have to pick up my car at the hanger in LAX. I want you to pick up Kris okay." Xiumin nodded and I handed him the keys. "See you later, thanks for hanging with me." I said with a smile and I waved bye to him as I walked towards a taxi I hauled. "You're welcome, Tao. Be safe!" Xiumin shouted and with that he headed to the car.

Kris POV

I drove Scarlett home, she was sleeping during the whole ride because she was tired and it was actually really cute to hear her soft breathing and to see her face look so peaceful. I woke her up when the GPS said I was here. "Thanks for the fun day, Kris." She said and pecked me right on the lips. I felt my face go hot but since it was night, she couldn't see me blushing. "Goodnight." I said and watched her open the door to her house and then sped off.

I was just about to call Tao when I got a text from Xiumin.

From: Xiumin hyung 🍙

"Tao went to go get his car from LAX so he told me to pick you up. Where are you? 😊"

I quickly texted back,

To: Xiumin Hyung 🍙

"Meet me in Enterprise Rentals in Beverly Hills. 📍Thanks."

And I drove back to the rental shop to drop off the Bentley.

Luhan POV

Maki and I took the bus to her house. She said she'd let me stay the night and you know what that means. Wink wink, actually no. I wouldn't do that. Manly men don't do childish things like that till we put a ring on it.

While riding the bus with her, we played 21 questions because why not? "So Luhan, what's one thing you would change about yourself if you could?" Maki asked as she hugged her plushies. "Nothing actually, I'm proud of everything my parents gave me." I said with a smile. "Awh, you're just the cutest little thing." She said with a giggle. "Actually I'm more manly than cute." Maki bursted into laughter causing everyone on the bus to look back at us. Gosh, nosey people. "Hey baobei, people are staring at us." I said awkwardly. "I know! We're the center of attention!" She exclaimed. Aish this girl would be perfect to be an idol since she apparently loves to be the center of attention. She finally stopped laughing, looking at me sweetly, "All joking aside, Luhannie.. You are the manliest man I know." I smiled and replied, "Good. Anyways it's my turn." "Alright ask your question." Maki said. "Why are you here?" I said smirking. Maki stopped smiling, "W-what do you mean..?" "I mean, you're clearly an angel so why are you on earth? You're too precious for this place." Her smile quickly returned and her cheeks were rosy red and she looked me straight in the eyes, "Ah, Luhan-ssi, I could say the same about you.. But since you made this question about me, it's because I'm your guardian angel." I smiled, those words had my heart pounding. "Good, I want you to watch over me only because I'd be jealous if my guardian angel is watching someone else.. *cough* Tao *cough*" Maki giggled, "Oh stop it you, he's just my bias but you're the one.." I kissed her forehead. "Good." We got off at her stop, walking hand in hand to her house. I was actually really excited to see her place, you know you can see through a girl once you see what kind of place she lives in.