9- Fever

A/N: IT'S FINALLY HERE I'M SO HAPPY!!! I've been waiting to write this for so long! Yay! This chapter is going to be really long (4005 words, precisely). I hope you enjoyed my 10pm Camilo drawings from last chapter! Also, f/fs means favourite flowers and f/i/f means favourite ice cream flavour 😋. Anyway, enjoy!

|🕯-Camilo's POV-🕯|

It was Saturday. After Y/n passed out, she was send home.

Right now, I was at her front door, with a basket of arepas and a bouquet of f/fs, on behalf of the village.

Gloria opened the door.

"Oh, Camilo! What brings you here?"

"I heard Y/n wasn't feeling great, so my parents asked me to bring her some of Julieta's arepas. Isabela grew her some flowers too, as a 'Get well soon' present." I held out the bouquet.

When I said 'my parents asked me', it may have been more accurate to say 'I was curious how she went from completely fine one day to passing out at school and she said some rude things about my family and I wanna talk to her about it so I begged my parents to let me stay the weekend and help her out'.

But that was too wordy.

"Camilo, these are wonderful! I'm sure she'd appreciate it. Do you want to come and see her?"

"Oh, I don't really think she'll want me here..."

"Don't worry about it. She's hardly conscious, if I'm being honest." The older woman pulled me up the stairs.

Y/n's room was pretty messy. It was similar to the nursery, but with f/c walls, a cluttered desk, with art supplies and books piled up, and only one bed.

Gloria was right; she was hardly conscious. She was only wearing a pair of shorts and her bra. She was sweating like crazy and she was tangled in the blankets, writhing in her sleep. 'Not feeling great' was definitely an understatement.

I approached her carefully, taking a seat that had been placed next to her.

"She wasn't raised around here. Her immune system is more fragile than the locals, so she's more prone to getting sick."

I tried to give her an arepa.

"Julieta's magic won't work on this; we've tried it before. She'll be better by the end of the weekend."

Regardless, I used my thumb to gently pry her lips apart. I sprinkled a few of the crumbs into her mouth, like I had seen my Tía do whenever she was helping someone unconscious.

She tossed and turned, mumbling things I couldn't understand.

"Listen, do you think you'll be okay on your own for a few hours? I have some errands to run."

"I should be fine."

"There are a few rules though, if her temperature exceeds 105°F there's ice cream in the freezer. Avoid using water and ice because it can freak her out."

"Got it."

"Are you sure you want to stay here? Surely you have something better to do?"

"I'm sure. You run your errands, we'll be fine."

She sighed, "You're such a kind boy. It's a shame that you won't consider being with her."

My face heated up when she spoke. She left without another word, saving me from having to reply.

|🤒-Day One-🤒|

I looked around the room. On her beside table, she had an empty glass, a burnt out candle and a small jewellery box.