Love and the City

3rd Person's PoV

"I'm looking forward to the weekend..." Mars.

***

After Mar's class on Friday. Mars walk to her locker to put her books away.

"Got any weekend plans, Mars?" Payton.

"Nothing yet, but--" Mars. "--Whoa, what's that?" She asked in chorus and shocked on what she saw.

Mars found a huge heart-shaped card taped to her locker!

"OMG, it looks like a love letter!" Payton exclaimed with matching-jumping-and-clappling. "Open it! Open it, open it!" Payton. She's more way excited than Mars.

"I'm opening." Mars.

Mars grab the card and open it. Heart confetti bursts from it, swirling prettily around her.

"This is amazing!" Mars.

"Wow, it's so pretty!" Payton.

"Is that a note? Read it, read it! READ! IT!" Payton.

"I'm reading!" Mars. "---Dear Mars...' 'Please let's go to the city...' 'Saturday, just you and me,' 'New sights, new sounds, and new foods...' 'A date with me will include...' 'Can you guess what from these clues?'" Mars.

"What are the clues, Mars?" Autumn.

"Hmmm..." Mars. "'We'll experience high class fine dining, stick together like the birds of a feather, have age-old shopping experiences, stop and smell the roses, and see primadonnas at the theater...!' 'Love, Your Not-So-Secret-Admirer.'" Mars.

"Shopping, flowers, and animals?! I'm sure what 'age-old' means, but it sounds like the perfect date! Are you excited?" Payton.

***

"Excited doesn't even begin to cover it! I'd better check the train schedule for tomorrow... Because I can't wait for my big date!" Mars.

***

The next day, Mars take the subway to a crowded station in the heart of the city.

Mars run up a flight of stairs and find herself surrounded by tall skycrapers, hundreds of people rushing by, and tons of cars honking at each other.

"I know exactly who invited me... the person I want to spend the day with the most!" Mars.

Mars searched the crowd for a familiar face.

"There you are..." Mars.

***

"A big date in the city? I'm so excited!" Mars.

***

"Aiden!" Mars.

Aiden turns to Mars in a tight hug.

"Are you ready for the date to get started?" Aiden.

"Oh, I was born ready. Where are we going first? Left? Right?" Mars.

"Neither! We're going... up!" Aiden.

"Huh?" Mars.

Aiden points to a skyscraper across the street. Mars see gold-lined glass elevators gliding up the side of the tower.

"I made lunch reservation for us at the restaurant at the very top!" Aiden

"We're having lunch up there?" Mars.