Chapter 6: A new room

Luigi's pov:

I felt like a newly-wed bride being carried in his arms. I even had the green dress to go with it.

But why would he take me to a meeting? That just seemed like he was going to give me a full disclosure on all of his evil schemes or plots or...Whatever he was planning to do.

"Welcome to one of the meeting rooms. This is for more...Private meetings."

He gently lowered me down onto the floor, using his sharp nails to cut away at the rope.

"You should find sitting down onto the chairs more easy now, I know they are quite high up, even for you." He remarked.

A meeting room, a meeting table, meeting chairs, a screen showcasing a map of several islands, him, me and...

Nobody.

"Wh-where is everyone?"

"Oh, this is a private meeting. I wanted to inform you that you aren't just going to be lazy during your time spent in my castle- potentially forever."

"Oh." I squeaked.

Jeez.

He quickly cleared his throat. "You will be clearing out a room next to mine. I need clutter cleared and new furniture built.
He continued. "I'll give you a list of precisely what to do so that not even a five year old could screw it up."

I nodded frantically.

His voice is scary sometimes, but right now, he sounded like an angry parent.

"I'll show you to the room," He grunted. "But no complaints."

"Do I have to do this in the dress?" I asked.

"You are still carrying out your punishment, so yes. Follow me to the room."

With my arms glued to my side, I anxiously followed him down the corridors and we arrived outside another door. He gripped the handle and lightly tapped it open.

"Here's your list of instructions. I'll help you clear out what's in here first since...Well...You don't seem particularly strong." He shrugged, smirking at me with a side eye.

Again, I nodded, reading the instruction sheet be placed in my hands.

Step 1: Aided by yours truly, all furniture, decoration, or anything you can possibly remove from the room that isn't the room itself will be removed.

I glanced up at him.

"Yeah, I wrote it myself. Is it clear enough?" He had me by the back and together, we stepped into the room.

"It's clear enough...Thanks." I replied, placing it on the floor and taking in the whole room.

It looked like an old bedroom. The walls were pink, the decorations were pink, and in neon lights the word 'Peach' was written out.

Bowser clearly took notice of this as he ran and sprawled himself out against the wall to cover it.

"I-I'll start by getting rid of this. When you get rid of something, leave it in the room next door. We incinerate stuff we don't need every odd day." He spoke quickly and awkwardly as he ripped the lights from the wall and made off for the incinerator.

Weird.

I shifted my attention to some half-open bedside table drawers. Inside it were a few sealed envelopes.

Bowser wasn't there...perhaps I could do a little bit of snooping.

I cautiously opened the envelope on top of the stack, trying not to rip it. 

A letter.

"Dear Princess Peach," It read, "I hope you'll come and visit me one day. I even made a room for you. I love you deeply and truly with all my he-"

"LUIGI!"

Oh no. Oh no.

"I ordered you to clear the room out, not inspect it! This will earn you another punishment." He growled.

The letter, obviously now a love letter of some kind was torn from my hand and ripped to shreds. Alongside it the bedside table was snatched and thrown out of the room.

"I do not trust you to continue clearing out this room. Before I send you back to the cage...Can you lend me your cap? I might give it back later."

I paused for a moment. Why did he need it? Maybe this was the punishment. This cap meant a lot to me...And more than anything, it reminded me of Mario.

I hugged and tightly, keeping it close to my chest before reluctantly placing it in Bowser's claws.

"Good. Now I'll escort you to your cage."
He tilted my head up with his forefinger again.

"Come with me. Understand?. Oh, and...What makes you blush so easily?"

I peered down at the ground.

"You are blushing, so answer me. And look at me." He said, twirling the ends of moustache. "I'd like to see your eyes when I'm talking to you."

-------------

Bowser's pov:

I'm not keeping up the act anymore.

I couldn't even if I wanted to.

I love him. It's clear now...but I'm not sure if he knows.

But he will know soon enough.

I can't have him thinking that I've ever loved somebody else. Those love letters are outdated now, and I don't love her anymore. And she never loved me, so those letters never got sent.

I love to see how nervous he gets around me, how easily he blushes and is so easily flustered by my presence.

I have my sights set on him.

My prisoner.

My Luigi.

----------------

Luigi's pov:

I sat in the cage for what felt like hours. It probably was. My mind was spinning and spinning and spinning...

Why do I keep blushing?

And why did I let my curiosity get the better of me? I've earned myself another punishment, and he said it would be worse. More severe.

Oh mamma mia...

"Luigi. I have finished your job. I obviously still have to give you your punishment, but it can wait for now."

I nodded, afraid of rekindling disapproval.

"Just through here...And there!" He declared. "Oh, and...Here is your hat."

I joyfully accepted my hat and looked around the room in awe. The walls were the exact same shade as my hat, the bed sheets on the bed green, green carpets, and neon lights which read 'Luigi'.

"I made this just for you. And I needed your hat to get the shade exactly right. I'm sure you know by now that you are more than just a prisoner, right?" He laughed, leaning against the wall with a smirk.

I smiled lightly, readjusting my cap and placing it on my head.

"It's already late. I'll have to punish you tomorrow. I'll have to lock you in here since you still are my prisoner. But you should find it much more comfortable now."

I smiled, climbing onto the bed, being mindful of the dress. I grew kind of fond of wearing it.

"Well then. Good night Luigi."

"Thank you...Good night." I whispered, lifting the duvet and feeling comfort for the first time in a long time.