(Pt.1) Shroud

Chapter 1

tommy painfully trudged through the snow, it was at least 4 feet and climbing fast. And on top of that he was soaked from his previous attempt at suicide, he for a fact had at least 2 broken bones.

Tommy's clothes frozen stiff, fresh blood and tears Frozen to his cheeks and forehead, cuts and bruises littered his entire body accompanied by fresh scars. Tommy knew that soon his knees would buckle and he'd freeze to death never knowing if his cold n dead body would be discovered

Tommy was 6'1 and the snow was quickly climbing to 5 feet sooner or later it'd become impossible to walk. Tommy remembered the warm crackle of a fire, technos voice as he read Tommy's favorite story.

Tommy and techno used to huddle by the fire when they were kids, sipping hot cocoa while techno read to him but sometimes they'd drag Wilbur along to sing to them.

But neither would admit it. It was just something for them with Wilbur's sworn silence.

But right now that memory tommy is holding onto dearly letting it keep him moving hoping it would guide him to his brother n father. But atlas with a crack and a screech of pain his knees buckled.

He lied there for about 5 mins in sheer pain and pure fear of dying alone in the cold if he was gonna die he wanted to drown in warm water. Not freeze to death in snowchester.

Then he heard it a familiar giggle, Shrouds giggle. After he was sentenced to exile tech n Phil agreed to take the little spider hybrid in.

Tommy knew he shouldn't rely on 6 year old especially not the kid who sees the teen as a father figure. But he was gonna die and if shroud was out and about Phil or tech might be with him.

"Shroud" first attempt he croaked "Shroud" A bit louder "SHROUD" he broke into a coughing fit, he attempted to stand just to collapse again. He heard a screech and a lot of commotion, his vision blurring. He felt two arms snake around his abdomen.

They were small too small for Phil or Techno "Don't worry papa I gotchu" he heard a small voice say before he lost all consciousness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Tommy woke he woke to the crackle of a fire, and a pounding headache. He opened his eyes to take in his surroundings he was laying infront of a fireplace on a bunch of pillows buried by blankets and on his legs was a Steve sleeping peacefully.

"PAPA YOUR AWAKE" Tommy snapped his head to where the voice came from instantly regretting it. Shroud ran up to him kneeling down "Hey buddy" tommy croaked he tried sitting up and wincing at the sharp pain running through his body.

He felt a small hand push him down "stay down papa you'll get hurt" shroud stated with a demanding tone "where's uncle tech and grandpapa" tommy questioned "did they bring me here?" 

Shroud shook his head "me and Stevie did because I'm a big man and Stevies a bear" Tommy couldn't help but chuckle "well you saved my life so thank you bud" 

Shroud giggled and climbed under the blankets snuggling into Tommy's side. Tommy ran his fingers through the boys hair sighing as his muscles screamed in protest. 

"I'm sorry you had to deal with that buddy" shroud shrugged "I don't care as long its you papa" Tommy's heart broke he shouldn't have called out he should've just let himself die. 

"I love you papa" shroud smiled and closed his eyes "I love you too bud" tommy repeated the action letting his eyelids fall shut as he allowed sleep to consume him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(606 words)

[Under going proof reading and editing]

[Also this is just a test draft so don't expect too much please]