Part 1. The letter

"Ella, can you come downstairs for a minute, your father and I want to show you something" Ella's mother practically screams from the bottom of the stairs, Ella quickly puts her book down and runs down the stairs, nearly falling over. Her parents are staring at her with massive smiles on their faces which is kinda scary. Her father is holding something behind his back. She starts walking towards him, but he backs away.
"Patience, my darling daughter, patience"
"Well what is it? Just show me already"
Her father pulls out a letter from behind his back, it has a small red stamp on it. It takes her a couple seconds to realize what she's  looking at. How could she forget? She grabs the letter from him and reads it out loud:

"Dear Ella Yrene Lee

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy.

Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1st. We await your owl by no later than July 31st.

Yours sincerely
Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress"

Holy shit. Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit.
"I've been waiting for this moment for so long."
"I hate to ruin this moment but you've got to pack your bags", mom says with a smile.
"What? We have a few months before the term starts, what am I packing for?"
"Well the ministry is sending your father and I away for a while, you know Auror duties, so Molly offered to have you stay with her for the rest of the holiday, we'll be dropping you off in an hour, so be ready."
She takes a step towards the stairs but turns around and says,
"Wait so I'll be going school shopping with them and stuff or..??"
Dad who is now trying to stop Max who's eating his shoe, replies,
"Sorry love, we'll only be back after Christmas"
And with that she goes to her room and start packing for a long holiday with the Weasleys...not that she minds though.

Authors note
Sorry, that was a pretty short chapter, but I hope it's a good start, I didn't mention it before but max is the name of the dog incase you were wondering. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I'll be updating later on today though!!

~A