Danger

CW/TW: transphobia, violence, swearing 

April 10th 2023

America is falling apart and trans people are in more danger than they ever have been. Bryce feels this hard since he has been raised in the country and they hate LGBT kids. He is a Demi-boy, Bisexual, and uses He/They pronouns. His family is not accepting in the slightest. The day has come... he had graduated early and is leaving the united states. 

Bryce started shoving all the things that were important to him in a few suitcases- MP3 player, noise canceling headphones, IPhone 12, chargers, his journal, credit card, loose money, a few outfits, chest binders, and sketchbooks/art supplies- and slammed them shut. 

Oh no..

There mom heard it. Within 5 seconds she is in the door way yelling "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!"

"I am leaving, I can't live in this home, this state, or this country."

"IS THIS ABOUT YOU BEING FUCKING TRANS??!!" She yelled

Bryce flinched and tears started to water up in his eyes. Bryce had a lot of trauma and PTSD along with other disorders. He was also autistic. 

"Don't yel-." He was cut off

"I DONT CARE IF YOU LEAVE! LEAVE! YOU AND YOUR SINFUL LIFESTYLE WILL SEND YOU TO HELL. I HOPE YOU BURN! I RAISED YOU TO BE A SWEET YOUNG LADY— NOT A CONFUSED LITTLE-,"

Bryce threw something near her so she would shut up, it was never meant to hit her but his mom thought otherwise. 

"Did you try and hit me?" She asked quietly but in a deadly fashion. Fear gripped Bryce and he started hysterically crying. He grabbed his suitcase and ran out the door. He could hear his mother yelling in the distance but he could care less in that moment. 

His friend Al came and picked him up.

"Where to?"

"Airport,"

"Where are you going to fly to if you don't mind me asking?" Al was gentle and sweet

"To the UK, I need out of this country"

"I wish I had money to go the UK.... Being LGBT right now is very dangerous..."

"When I get there and make money I will send you some so you can live in the UK too. I promise."

"Ill hold you up to it" he laughed

This was planned for a few weeks. Bryce already had his Real ID and all the papers he needed to leave. His phone started ringing. His mom. Bryce blocked her as soon as he could. 

They were finally to the airport and it was difficult to look back and realize he was never coming back... he was never good with change. Luckily, he prepared himself more for this one. 

"Bye Al," Bryce sighed sadly

"I am going to miss you... Be safe... I have faith in you" Al smiled through the tears

Bryce cried silently as he watched Al drive away.

Bryce made it through security without issues and before he knew it, he was on a plane to Britain. He looked out the plane window at the beautiful fluffy clouds and ended up falling asleep. 

He woke up to the sound of the pilot over the PA system 

"We have 5 minutes till we land in Brighton, UK"

This buzz of excitement and fear hit him at the same time. He was starting a new life where nothing could hurt him, at least not as bad. The UK had issues and he knew he would not be safe forever but at least he was safe for now.  

They landed and he got off into the airport. It was massive and he was clueless. Panic hit him. His sensory issues hit him and he froze. Then he remembered that he had his sunglasses and noise canceling headphones to help him through it. Bryce dug through his bag frantically but found them quick. Once they were on he felt a weight lifted off of him. He got weird looks but he didn't care. He did have an apartment set up and ready for him. He pulled the paper out of his pocket and saw the address. It took him about 20 minutes to even find the exit. The dull sun hit the ground and he looked around at the place he only say in twitch streams and peoples vlogs. 

He hailed a taxi and got a ride to the apartment. It was small and cute... other than the dead mouse in the corner. 

"You need to have a job to pay this rent... if you don't get one in a month you are getting evicted, got it?" The landlord said handing Bryce the keys.

"I got it," Bryce replied grabbing the keys thinking how am I going to find a job so soon? What should I do? Does my autism diagnosis go to other countries as well? I need the accommodations to help me. 

As soon as he was alone he googled jobs. Most had to do with massive amounts of people. The  it hit him.

Why don't I try streaming? Is there a store I could buy the things from?

More googling was done in order to find a store that would help him get started. 

He walked into the store and looked at the store employee. "Hey, I need some streaming stuff? I am a beginner but I am very serious about this,"

"Come back with me. We actually have a whole gaming set up for the price of 3,229.74 pounds,"

"Let me see it, please"

The employee took him back and showed him a fabulous set up. It was black and rainbow.

"Ill take it," Bryce said giving him his credit card and pretty soon he was driving home with his new gaming set up. He spent 4 hours at home setting it up. By then Bryce was exhausted and decided to sleep on the air mattress on the floor.

He woke up to a news notification. There was a gaming convention near by in 9 hours. Bryce looked up the information and decided he would go. He did not have high hopes but why not?