Chapter 16: The Frustration

A slight stinging woke me, I clenched as I felt a hot sting on my hand

"Aah" I screamed as I jerked my arm towards myself.

I rubbed my eyes forgetting my fingers were wounded, I cringed in pain.

My knuckles were completely bruised and scratched with splinters from the door.
I looked up at my opponent who was still standing strong, a few splatters on blood celebrating its victory.

I looked over at Dustin who's expression was nothing but serious.

He grabbed my hand again as he continued cleaning my wounds with a cotton and some antibacterial fluid.

The sting was even stronger this time.

"I didn't think the pancakes were that bad to be honest" He joked still serious.

I didn't respond.

"Why are you being this way?"

I scoffed,
Pulling my hand out of his, I got out of the bed.

"Why am I being this way? You have the audacity to ask me that question? After locking me up in here? And not giving me any fucking answers?"

I sat on the edge of the bed, his hair was hiding his eyes but his shoulders fell as he listened.

"Look at me! Do you even know why I'm here?? Or is this just some sick twisted fantasy of yours that you're just taking day By day?" My voice bounced off the walls as I yelled at him

Tears fell from my eyes and I held my bloody hand in pain.

"Unbelievable!" I screamed at him

He broke the silence after a while and I almost didn't want to let him.

"Zara, I-"

"Don't try to explain yourself! You don't even know how I feel! You're pathetic! And you'd do something as sick as this for some money, you have no morals and I'd rather kill myself than spend another day rotting in this-"

"ENOUGH!" He stood up dropping the first aid box.

I fell silent clutching my arms against my chest. I hadn't heard him yell before...I couldn't even react.

He walked over to the couch pushing it quickly as if it weighed nothing, he opened the trap door and climbed down shutting the door after.

I stood there alone.
This wasn't my fault, what was he expecting? That I would just submit to this fucked up situation? I sighed and walked over to the bed picking up the bandages and medical items that fell on the floor.

I wiped my tears with my tattered sleeve and began cleaning the wounds myself shakily and wrapped a bandage the best I could, it was falling apart but it was the best I could do considering I couldn't even move my fingers.

I watched my hand shake, my storm gray manicure had fallen apart, chipped and out grown, a hand i couldn't even recognize anymore

I got into Dustin's bed and put the sheet over me. I didn't care at this point. My mind was silent after the outburst, silent for the first time, I could only think about the warmth my body was generating under the blanket.
I hugged myself and tried to drift off.

-

I woke up to something cold wrapping around my wrist, click*

I yanked my hand towards myself before feeling a tug holding it back.

"I'll be back soon" he said in a low voice as he opened the door, I could feel the wind push in

I rubbed my eyes with my free hand, I was still half asleep, I squinted and saw him step out into the cold mysterious outdoors.

"I'm sorry it has to be this way" he said over his shoulder and he shut the door and all was still, quiet and alone.

I didn't bother sitting up, I just stayed where I was, and there was nothing.

Just time and thoughts and that fucking. door.
It's about time I lost my mind.