Chapter 2

Rio De Janeiro

(Tulio and Linda are in a car driving through the roads of Rio, Linda is looking around her in awe while Blu and Jewel look up at some birds flying above them. Linda puts on some sunscreed and puts some on her finger)

Linda: Your turn, girls. You don't want to get beak-burn.

(She puts some sunscreen on the beaks of Blu and Jewel who wipes it off quickly. Blu and Jewel close their eyes as they enjoy the warm breeze on their face but they suddenly scream as men wearing colorful glitter masks appear next to them. Alot of people wearing colorful clothes and hats walk across the street while playing music)

Linda: Whoa! What's going on here?

Tulio: You arrived in time for Carnival.

Linda: Carnival?

Tulio: Yes. It's the biggest party in the world. You know, a time to have fun and dance.

(He imitates rhythmic drumming)

Linda: Oh, my.

(She looks ahead and sees a woman wearing a revealing golden suit while dancing across the streat)

Linda: Is she a performer?

Tulio: No. In fact, she's my dentist.

(He starts to honk at the woman and waves at her)

Tulio: Dr. Barbosa!

Dr. Barbosa: Oy! Don't forget to floss, Tulio.

Tulio: You got it! Come tomorrow night, everyone will be dressed like that.

(Linda looks away chuckling awkwardly)

Linda: Not me.

(Blu and Jewel hear someone signing above them, they look out and see two small birds ontop of the cage)

Nico: Oba, la, la, la, ya E, e, ei! E ai? Tudo bom?

Blu: Oh. Um, oh, right. Uh, yeah. Aah! Uh...

(She takes out a translation book but fumbles and drops it, Jewel shakes her head at Blu)

Jewel: We're not from here.

Pedro: Hey, Nico. They are tourists.

Nico: Funny, you two don't look like ones.

Blu: Really? We... We don't.

Pedro: Except you got pigeon doo-doo on your nose.

Blu: Oh, oh, oh, no.

(Jewel  wipes the sun cream from Blu's beak)

Blu: This is just SPF 3,000.

Nico: So are you two here for Carnival?

Jewel: No, We're here to meet a... a guy.

(Both her and Blu look down shyly while Nico and Pedro smile at them)

Nico: Oh, a guy!

Pedro: Yes.

Nico: Little word of advice, you two make the first move. Brazilian guys respond to confident girls.

(That seems to get both Jewel's and Blu's attention)

Jewel: Oh.

Blu: Right.

Pedro: Yeah, it's all about swagger. You got to puff out that chest. Mmm! Swing that tail.

(He makes swishing noise)