Chapter 1

You leaned your back against the brick bridge as Kazuki looked over, examining the distance between the water to himself. "It's at least 20 feet." You turn your head towards him. "No way. It's 10 feet at max." Kazuki opens his mouth but is interrupted by Shoya. "10 feet isn't that bad!" He stares at the water. Keisuke pipes in. "Will dropping from 10 feet above the water hurt?" Shoya turns his body to face Keisuke. A grin grows on his face like a fungus. "We won't know if it hurts till one of us takes the plunge!"

"I vote Shoya as first to jump." Kazuki's eyes move from you to Shoya. "Yeah, me too." Shoya walked up to the edge of the bridge, and places one foot on the brick, and then the other. He stands proud and gets into a diving position. He pushes his feet off the bridge as the air pushes against his body. His clothes blew like a flag in the wind before he plummeted into the depths of the water. His wet hair resurfaced along with the rest of his head. Keisuke walked up to your side to see Shoya swimming in the river below.

"Did it hurt?" Kazuki watches Shoya travels through the water like a prince. How disgusting. "Not one bit! Annnddd the water is perfect!!" It was actually the exact opposite. You observe the water closely and see the specs of dirt flowing through it. Your head moved towards Shimida as you saw the asshole take out his arms from his sides and place them onto your back. With a bit of force Kazuki had pushed you over, leaving you struggling to balance on the edge of the bridge. Your arms flailed in the air as the tips of your toes slipped off and you fell to your doom. The impact hurt and the cold water didn't help. Kazuki wasn't right, but neither was he. It definitely felt like more than 10 feet, but 20 feet felt like too much(even though you've never fell from 20 feet). It was probably somewhere in the middle, like around 15 feet. As distracted as you were, Keisuke unexpectedly landed in the water, and the water from the splash got in your mouth. Spitting it out, another boy came hurdling down.

- - -

Kazuki walked alongside his bike. You payed attention to the splosh of water in your shoes and the squeak they made when you stepped in the grass. As you looked down you began to play out different ways you would tell Shoya that you wouldn't have time to hangout everyday. Why? Because you and Shimida's parents valued your education, and wanted you to start cram school. 

"They're really dirty, man." Keisuke's eyes drifted to Shoya's ruined shoes. "You're really gonna go home like that? Aren't those the new models Yutaro-kun bought you?"

"It's cool. You'd be surprised how clean they look after you let 'em dry for a night." You raised an eyebrow. "Sure, man."

You walked into 'Hair make Ishida' wearing clothes that dripped water and stuck to your body.  When you walked in you spotted Shoya's Mom cutting someone's hair. "Hey Ma,am." "Hi, Ma,am." "Hello Ma,am." Shoya picked up a manga that was laying on the table in the waiting area. "Welcome home." His finger flipped over the cover page to reveal the pages hidden underneath it. "We got any snacks?" His mother glanced at him. Her eyes widened and her mouth stayed open. "There's some in the fridge." "EEK!!" Shoya's face froze up. "How did you get so dirty?! Use the back door, boys!!" She scolded the four of them. A customer turned his head slightly. "That boy of yours is always getting into something!" 

The four of them wore towels. "The 41st daily daredevil tournament?" She sighed. "We do it everyday after school. Loser buys snacks at the convenience store." Kazuki poured himself a drink. Keisuke looked up. "Today, we jumped into the river from the bridge." Shoya's mother's eyes stared at the four boys that were in her dining room. "You boys have got to stop playing such dangerous games! You two don't have to hang around this idiot if you don't want to, you know?" Your hand grabbed the handle of the fridge and pulled it open. You reached inside, and your fingers found a soda can. "Oh no, we hang out with Shoya-kun because it's fun!" You say while pulling out a can of soda.