Chapter 3

Shoya pulled his hand away. "WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?!!!!" Keisuke and Kazuki burst into laughter. "Haha! What was that about?" "That was totally hilarious, Nishimiya-san!!" HA HA HA HA HA . Kazuki looked at Shoya's face. "Ohhh?!! Are you blushing Shoya?!" Keisuke was dying of laughter. "You're face is redder than a tomato!!!" Kazuki added, "It's just like when you're talking to your crush!!!" Shoko signed to him. Can we be friends? Shoya's face stiffened. The laughter stopped. "Let's just go. She's creepin' me out." He whistled as he walked past Nishimiya, and without warning chucked her notebook into the dirty water. Y/n ran back and jumped into the water to grab Shoko's notebook. "What the hell are you doing?!" Shoya was furious. Kazuki frowned. "Come on Shoya, he's a lost cause." 

- - -

Shoko's defenders tried their best. Whenever Shoya tried to attack, they fought back. However, Shoya was persistent. He kept tormenting Shoko. It got bad. With one of his friends taken away from him, Shoya needed to eliminate the threat that sat right in front of him.

- - -

Shoya rolled up another piece of paper. "WAH!" 

What fun! He thought, leaning back in his seat. Kazuki and Keisuke stood around him. Just me and my merry men versus the alien from planet Nishimiya! He laughed. His cruelty rained supreme. He stood up and yanked another pair of hearing aids from Nishimiya's head. He held them tightly in a fist. His fingers let go and they fell to the floor. Yua jumped to save them, but it was too late. They were crushed under the weight of Shoya's body. His foot smeared the fragments into tinier pieces.  One. 

Shoko signed to Yua as they stood outside. Shoya approached with a grin. He pulled Shoko down and pulled out another set of hearing aids. Yua tried to reach for her friends hearing aids, but Shoya held them out of reach. He crushed them with his hand and tossed them away, laughing. Two.

Broken and dismantled hearing aids sat near a drain pipe. Three. 

Shoya dangled them above Shoko's head before throwing them into the air. Four

His hand held a hearing aid above a balcony. He dropped them. Five

- - -

Yua walked up to Miki and tapped her on the shoulder. "Have you seen Shoko?" The group of girls shrugged.

The teacher leaned on his desk. "There is something we'd like to discuss with you during today's integrated study period. First, a few words from the principle." He turned the attention to the older man standing in front of the board, with his eyes down, checking the time on his watch. "Some of you may have noticed that Shoko Nishimiya isn't at school today. The truth is, yesterday we received a phone call from her mother." He sighed. "It seems that in just five short months, eight of Nishimiya-san's hearing aids have gone missing or been damaged. Her mother believes that she may be being bullied at school." Sweat dropped from Shoya's forehead. He stopped clicking his mechanical pencil. Keisuke was in a similar state, only his face was more tense. Kazuki sat with a calm face. Miki's face was also tense, but less on edge. Ueno looked nervous and decided to advert her attention to the window. The principle crossed his fingers. "Apparently, the damages amount to nearly 1.7 million yen." He sighed again. "Of course, we are well aware that you are only children... and that you cannot afford to replace lost hearing aids. If you come forward now, the school can handle this matter internally." Shoya's face trembled, the sweat built up, his entire body was shaking. "On the other hand, if the culprit is not found, I am afraid we will be forced to turn the matter over to the police." Shoya slowly began to raise his hand.

"STAND UP, ISHIDA. WE ALL KNOW IT WAS YOU, YOU LITTLE TWERP!!!!!" 

 WE ALL KNOW IT WAS YOU, YOU LITTLE TWERP!!!!!"