Nightmares

——————

——————

After Klaus was done at the campsite, he decided I should actually sleep in a bed instead of the car.

So he drove us to a hotel, where he booked three rooms.

Two of the rooms were conjoining, with a door that could be opened in between, while the other room was on another floor.

Stefan immediately jumped at the chance to get some alone time, so he took the farthest room, leaving Klaus and i with the conjoined ones.

I was fine with it though. I just shut the door in between and went to sleep.

I was finally getting some rest for my mind and aching back.

However, my peaceful sleep didn't last long, as I started having a nightmare.

I was back in my room in mystic falls.

It was the night I left town.

I felt trapped in my body, as it moved without my permission, going through the motions of that night.

My body carried me downstairs without my consent.

If I had control I would've never gone downstairs. I knew what was waiting for me.

When my father attacked me the only thing I could do was scream.

I thought it was just in the dream, but I guess I was screaming in my sleep because I soon felt two large, warm arms wrap around my frame.

"No! No, no, no. Please!" I jump awake, immediately trying to shove the arms away.

"Shhhh. It's okay, Angel. It's me. You're safe. I promise you're safe." Klaus's soothing voice rings through my ears, his arms keeping me in a tight hug.

My shouts turn into sobs as I bury my head in the side of his neck.

One of his hands runs soothingly up and down my back, while the other holds the back of my head.

"I'm here. It's okay." He whispers.

My sobs cease as silent tears fall gently down my face.

I continue to stay in the same position, finding immense comfort in the hybrid's arms.

"Was it a nightmare?" He asks gently.

I pull back enough to look at his face, nodding in confirmation.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I take a deep breath in.

I usually wouldn't burden him with my problems, but for some reason, I feel like I could tell him anything.

"It was my dad. I was just replaying the night that I left." I say, my voice slightly shaky.

"I'm so sorry, Angel." He replies sincerely.