Eight: Heart to Heart

I sat up against a cabinet, my legs kicked out in front of me as I swung my feet side to side. Things had gone comfortably quiet after our little intimate moment a few hours ago. Some of the air had been cleared, it felt like I could breath a little better and Eddie wasn't so hot or cold. The strain that sat over us was a little more relaxed.

Now he sat in the corner opposite of me, snacking on a bag of chips in quiet contemplation. He was staring down at his shoes as he ate, brows furrowed. I knew he had to be dying of boredom just as I was. That or his head was plagued with too many awful thoughts. Either way I wanted to talk about something, ease the tension some more before it built up again. I frowned, trying to think. Then I remembered earlier.

"Hey Eddie?"

He looked to me, perking up. He seemed interested right off the bat. "Hm?"

"I noticed your fingertips, they're covered in calluses." I pointed to his hands. "What are they from?"

He looked down to his hands before smiling proudly. "Oh, strings of my guitar."

I raised my brows. "Guitar?"

He nodded, looking back at me. "Mhm, electric. I have a beautiful one at home. She was my sixteenth birthday gift from Wayne."

I smiled. "I guess that isn't all that surprising. I mean, you do look like that." I said, motioning to his overall look.

He raised a brow. "Is that a bad thing?"

"No, of course not. Not even close." I spoke confidently. "But it's no secret you look like a rockstar."

He laughed. "Yeah? Do you like that?"

I felt a heat rise in my cheeks. There was no hiding it. Of course I did. "Yeah."

"What about the jewelry?" Looking pleased, he pushed me further.

"Well, yeah." I looked away, embarrassed.

"Even the tattoos?"

I looked back to him, eyes wide. I didn't know he knew I knew.

"Oh come on, I know you must've seen them."

I raised my chin up challengingly. "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't."

He crossed his arms. "Answer the question."

I gave him a hard look. "Well-" I paused. "Yeah, yes."

He grinned. "I figured."

I crossed my arms, glancing away from him. "Oh, humble yourself. It's not all that exciting"

"Don't act like you don't like it." I felt his eyes glued to mine.

Looking back to him, I quickly changed the subject before his relentless flirting continued. "So, you play guitar. You in a band or something?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I play in a band called Corroded Coffin. With Gareth and Jeff actually. We formed it."

My mouth dropped open. "Actually? And not one of you told me?" I accused.

He scoffed, throwing his hands up defensively. "It wasn't like the subject was brought up."

I huffed out a breath. "I know but- that's just so exciting. I have to see you guys play."

He raised his brows, his attitude faltering quickly. "Really? You'd want to?"

I laughed. "Of course I would, why wouldn't I? That'd be so fun."

A wide smile grew on his face. "Ha, okay. Backstage pass for you." He crossed his arms again.

I gave him a firm nod, smiling. "Deal."