Chapter 31

~ The Next Night ~

Dylan's POV:

"Bubba have you seen my other shoe!?" My girlfriend yelled to me from the closet as I looked in the bathroom mirror to fix my hair.

"They're by the bed babe!"

Soon, Aria came rushing out of the closet, speeding past me, and into the bedroom. I smiled to myself seeing her so stressed over nothing.

"Stop it Dylan, we're running late." She growled, pulling her black boots on. Apparently she saw my face. Whoops.

I turned to her,

"Baby we're not late. Our reservations in 30 minutes and we're 15 minutes away from the place."

I walked into the room and up to where she sat on the bed to stand in front of her.

"But you know I don't like to feel behind with this sort of thing, Dylan," she pouted. Matching her expression, I cupped her cheeks before leaning down to peck her soft and glossed lips. I soon regretted doing it and wiped the gloss off my lips. She giggled, "is everyone else ready?"

"I'm not sure, but I'll go check for you alright?" She nodded and looked down. Bending down to her knees so she'd look at me, I placed a finger under her chin. "Hey, everything's gonna work out all right? We'll get there on time, eat amazing food, take pictures, and come home laughing about the entire night. Okay?"

"If you say so."

"I do. I'll round the group up and have them in the car in 5 to 10 minutes. Finish getting ready and we should be ready to go by then. Alright?"

"Okay." I took her hands in mine, rubbing the back with both thumbs before planting a kiss on her knuckles.

"Hey," I smiled, and a grin slowly crept onto her face. "I love you." She was full on smiling now, bashfully at that,

"I love you too." I chuckled before standing and leaving the bedroom.

The night Aria told me she loved me for the first time, I thought it was the alcohol talking and it took me by surprise. But then, she said it again the next morning and that's when I knew she meant it. Apparently she remembered everything from that night and was mad I didn't say it back before she fell asleep. I told her I didn't think she meant it and she was like 'of course I meant it you idiot' or something like that. Ever since, I've been on this everlasting high.

This entire trip has been a sitcom like movie. The laughs and chats we've shared at every given moment, I've deeply cherished. Music playing with amazing breakfast in the morning...it's been a dream. I get to go to sleep and wake up to my girlfriend and go downstairs to mingle with our closest friends. I never would've thought that these people would be the ones I'd call 'my friends.' Especially not at the beginning of the school year. But I guess like everyone's been saying, 'I'm a different person now.' And I couldn't be happier about it.

Walking down the long hallway of bedrooms, I stopped at each one to knock and let them know it's time to go. First was Sade and Lauren. I knocked three times and soon Sade opened the door, already dressed.

She smiled. "Hey D, what's up?"

"Hey, I'm just checking in, letting everyone know to be downstairs and ready to go in five. Is Lauren dressed and ready?"

"Yeah, she is. And okay we'll be there." Grinning, I nodded and walked to the next door, across the hall.

Next was Kingston and Silas, then Hunter. After notifying everyone soon they were all exiting their rooms, and heading down the steps. Everyone was dressed so nice, I almost felt out of place. Going back to our room, I was met with my stunningly dressed girlfriend about to exit the room. The scent of something expensive whiffed past my nose as she did so.