Chapter 21

"Akash bhai & Arnav bhai! Come in" Divya opened the door for them.

"Bhai! You guys have come on the right time, I have just finished making dinner" Taani said as she kept cooking.

After a few minutes another bell rang. Divya opens the door and let's out a tired sign.

"You? What are you doing here?" Divya let out an annoying sigh.

"Who is it Divya?" Arnav asked from inside

"Umm it's.." Before Divya could complete the sentence.

"Hi, my name is Reyansh Singhania. Ta.. umm Swayam's best friend" Rey said

"Ohh swayam's friend.." Arnav says while letting out an annoyed sigh.

Rey was taken aback by his expression and felt something is not right, because swayam is their cousin too.

Taani gives a look to Arnav and looks at red. Seeing his expression she knew that he will ask a lot of questions. But there is a lot that he doesn't know, and he will never know.

"Bhai please, Let's have dinner it's getting cold. Come on." She pulls Arnav and asks him to be seated at the table.

"Um Rey swayam is not at home, you can call him" Taani says before joining them for the dinner.

Dejected Rey is about to leave the house but "Hey Rey, join us for dinner as you are already here" Akash says

Hearing that Reys eye lit up from hope and joy and turn to join them.

It didn't take long for the food to cook. There was a wide variety of dishes, but one dish caught everyones interest was the Taani's signature Aloo Puri that just smells mouth watering.

Taani ignored Rey's obvious stare as she happily devoured the food in front of her.

She would occasionally place different side dishes into her brothers and Divya's plate, while visibly not bothering to care for Rey who was sitting in front of her.

Divya watched the exchange with amusement. Her best friends ex was completely nonchalant that he kept giving her the look. She pretended to not see him.

After a while of watching Rey's uselessly stare at Tanni, looking as if he hoped that she would reciprocate and place something on his still empty bowl, Akash decided it was time to stop torturing the poor boy.

For heaven's sake, he looked like a pitiful dog abandoned by his owner!

Even his personal team of assistants waiting outside was beginning to feel sympathy for their hardworking boss!

Akash and Arnav didn't know what Rey did, but he didn't underestimate her abilities.

Deliberately ignoring him, wanting to escape his presence. He wondered if this was what the youngsters called "playing hard to get.

When Taani placed a another puri on her brother's plate, he spoke up. "Choti, I think Rey's plate is missing some puri. Don't you think so?" He asked her in an obvious attempt to include Rey into the conversation.

They were going to be business partners.

Taani pursed her lips as she glanced at Rey who looked at her with a slightly hopeful expression.

In all honesty, she was annoyed about why he was so interfering so much in her life. Shouldn't he be with his friends and ignore her? After so much happened does he think she will forget and just run back into his arms! NO

Slowly, Taani put 2 puri's and placed it on Rey's plate. She watched in amusement as he ate the puri like it was the best thing in the world, even though she purposely gave him the least flavorful of the puri.

She decided it was better to at least treat him nicely during their meal time, so she scooped some steamed rice into his plate.

Rey gratefully accepted it with a bright smile. "How did you know I liked steamed rice, Taani?" He asked her, his tone light and airy.

"I didn't. You're thinking too much into it." She mumbled, looking away from his pressing eyes.

His gaze never left her during the entire meal and she had to keep on checking if there was any rice stuck to her face.

After having their meal together, Taani was prepared to leave. This time, she would not be persuaded to stay any longer. She didn't want to discuss anything.

"Bhai, I hope you don't break our promise." She reminded him, cleaning up the table.

Next Chapter Coming Tomorrow!