2

Maverick is quick to follow after Rogue as she leaves the classroom before noticing that she heads for the exit instead of the locker room. By the time that Maverick is able to catch up to her, she is sitting on her bike in the parking lot.

Maverick's eyes widen in shock as he recognizes the bike as the one that he raced that morning. Before Maverick has a chance to say anything, Rogue takes off with a smirk on her face as she waves at Maverick.

"This is what I call a target-rich environment," Maverick says with a smirk as he and Goose walk into a bar later that night, while he looks around at all of the women in hopes of seeing a particular blonde woman.

"You live your life between your legs, Mav," Goose says as he pats Maverick on the shoulder while shaking his head before they make their way over to the bar.

"Goose, even you could get laid in a place like this," Maverick jokes as he continues to look around.

"I'm telling you, I'd be happy to find a girl who'd talk dirty to me," Goose says as he glances back at Maverick, who has a huge smile on his face.

Rogue walks into the bar before feeling the dirty looks from all of the women in the bar because she isn't wearing a dress like they are.

"Mav," Goose says as he notices Iceman on the other side of the room with his aviators on. "You wanted to know who the best is?" Goose motions over to Iceman, who is once again taking a drink. "That's him. Iceman. That's the way he flies, ice-cold, no mistakes."

Maverick watches as Iceman talks to the woman beside him before Iceman makes eye contact with Rogue and they share a quick nod. Maverick follows Iceman's line of sight before seeing Rogue, causing him to smile.

"Just wears you down. You get bored, frustrated, do something stupid, and he's got you," Goose continues as Maverick looks back over at him, who recognizes the RIO walking past them. "Hey, hey, Slider." Goose motions to Slider's uniform as he stops. "Thought you wanted to be a pilot, man. What happened?"

"Goose, you're such a dickhead," Slider responds with a shake of his head and a smile on his face. "Whose butt did you kiss to get in here?"

"Well, the list is long but distinguished," Goose remarks with a sarcastic smirk.

"Well, so is my johnson," Slider retorts before throwing back a shot.

"So you're flying with Iceman, huh?" Goose asks as he takes a drink of his beer.

"It's Mr. Iceman to you," Slider says as he points at Iceman, who is walking up to them.

"Hey, Mother Goose," Iceman says as he and Goose shake hands. "How's it going?"

"Good, Tom," Goose says with a nod before looking over at Maverick, who is leaned against the bar watching as Rogue orders a beer. "This is Pete Mitchell." Maverick and Iceman shake hands as Maverick turns back to face them. "Tom Kazansky."

"Congratulations on Top Gun," Iceman says with a smirk before his eyes flicker to his sister across the bar, realizing that's who Maverick was staring at.

"Thanks," Maverick says with a nod.

"Sorry to hear about Cougar," Iceman apologizes as he reaches in front of Maverick to grab some peanuts off of the bar. "He and I were like brothers in flight school. He was a good man."

"Still is a good man," Maverick is quick to correct Iceman.

"Yeah, that's what I meant," Iceman agrees with a nod.

"Thought so," Maverick says as he looks away from Iceman to look over at Rogue while taking a drink of his beer.

"Say, you need any help?" Iceman asks as he turns to fully face Maverick, in order to get Maverick's attention off of his sister.

"With what?" Maverick asks as he looks back over at Iceman.

"You figured it out yet?" Iceman asks him another question with a smirk.

"What's that?" Maverick responds as he once again looks away from Iceman to look at Rogue, only to find her missing from her previous spot.

"Who's the best pilot," Iceman reminds him of his question from class.

"No, I think I can figure that one out on my own," Maverick answers as he looks back at Iceman in challenge.

"I heard that about you," Iceman says with a nod. "You like to work alone." Iceman and Maverick look at each other in challenge to see who would make the first move.

"There's nothing wrong with working alone," Rogue states as she reaches between the two men to grab the bowl of peanuts before walking away from them. Maverick watches her with a small smile while Iceman glares at the back of his sister's head.

"Mav, you must've soloed under a lucky star, huh?" Slider asks which causes Maverick to look over at him. "I mean, first the MiG, and then you guys slide into Cougar's spot."

"We didn't slide into Cougar's spot. It was ours, okay?" Goose quickly corrects him.

"Some pilots wait their whole career just to see a MiG up close," Slider explains as he looks over at Maverick. "Guess you guys are lucky and famous, huh?" Iceman and Slider each down a shot.

"No, you mean notorious," Iceman corrects him sarcastically with a laugh. "I'll see you later."

"You can count on it," Maverick replies as Slider and Iceman walk away from them.

"They were abused children," Goose says in an attempt to make Maverick smile.

"We're gonna have a good time," Maverick says as he looks over at Goose with a smirk.

"Always," Goose agrees as he and Maverick tap their beer bottles together.

"Okay, I guess it's my turn, isn't it?" Goose asks as he notices that Maverick is once again checking out the ladies. Expect he doesn't realize that Maverick is looking for one in particular. "All right, the bet is $20."

"Twenty dollars," Maverick agrees as he looks back over at Goose.

"You have to have carnal knowledge, of a lady this time, on the premises," Goose sets up the bet while Maverick starts to look around. "And it can't be a certain female pilot."

"On the premises," Maverick repeats with a frown. Rogue sits in a corner booth while watching as Maverick looks around the room, clearly searching for someone.

"He's going to be trouble," Iceman says as he slides into the seat across from his sister.

"You got that right," Rogue agrees with a nod before sliding the bowl of peanuts towards her brother.

"Come on, Mav. A bet's a bet," Goose encourages before Maverick locks eyes on a blonde sitting down at the bar.

"I don't know, it just... it just doesn't seem fair. For you I mean," Maverick explains as he pats Goose on the shoulder. "But... She's lost that lovin' feeling."

"She's lost?" Goose goes to repeat as he looks over at the blonde before Maverick grabs his shoulder. "No, she hasn't."

"Yes, she has," Maverick states with a nod.

"She has not lost that..." Goose argues as he glances between the blonde and Maverick.

"Goose, she's lost it," Maverick finalizes as he walks away from Goose.

"I hate it when she does that," Goose pouts before he follows after Maverick to see what he does.