Introduction

(This part is very short because  it's the first one)

*ring ring* *ring ring* "who could that be?" I yawned, picking up the phone. "The princess? It must be important if she's calling this early. Yello!"
"Hello Luigi! I'm sorry for disrupting you at this time, but I need you to come to my castle as quickly as possible."
"Don't worry Princess, I'll be right there."
I wonder what this is about, I thought while getting dressed. Once I was ready I head out the door and to Peach's castle. The toads didn't give me any trouble. I wasn't at the castle very often, but every toad knew me because of my brother, Mario. I finally got to the Thrown Room where I saw Peach with a rather worried look, and Mario anticipatedly waiting. "There you are!" Mario exclaimed. He seemed to want this situation done and over with, but I couldn't read his face too well. "Alright boys, you might want to take a seat for this," Peach told them. I looked at Mario as he looked at me, both of us unsure about what we were about to hear. We sat down in the seats infront of Peach, waiting for her to continue. "Bowser has been very silent recently, as you two may know," We nodded agreeingly. "My toads and I have been chatting, and we've come to the conclusion that the only way to ensure safety for me and my kingdom is to ask Bowser what's going on. The trip for me is too risky, and sending Mario wouldn't do much, since he isn't great when it comes to persuasiveness. No offense." Mario nodded even though I could tell he wasn't happy. I knew as soon as she said what was going on, but I didn't want to believe it. I looked at my brother, he seemed to have a mix of frustration and pain in his eyes. "If you couldn't see where this was going, we have decided to send Luigi to talk to Bowser."
"ARE YOU INSANE!?" Mario yelled standing up, "WE CAN'T SEND WEEGEE ON HIS OWN TO BOWSER'S CASTLE! HE COULD GET HURT!"
Peach kept her composure. I figured that she assumed something like this would happen. "Look Mario, Luigi knows what he's doing, he has a way with words."
"I WONT LE-"
"I'll do it."
Mario gave me a look of worry. "Lu, you know you don't have to do this."
"Mario, it's ok," I stood up and put my hand on his shoulder.
"Well I guess that solves it," Peach announced, putting her hands togther, "You'll leave tomorrow morning."
Peach excused us from the Thrown Room. Mario stayed back to help Toadsworth with some work while I headed home. I wasn't sure if this was the right decision. I would be throwing myself in the arms of danger without my brother by my side. Mario and I always went together to rescue the princess, but now I would have no one to protect me if Bowser wasn't a good guy. Well he isn't a very good guy, but that's not the point. I know Bowser has to care atleast a little bit for others, and I'm hoping that what I've done (mainly Mario has done) in the past won't stand in between us.