Arya's Backstory

Aryella Deslay was born to a young woman named Emma Deslay. The mother and daughter lived in the rural New York area, where they lived by themselves. The two always had a very strong bond. On Arya's tenth birthday, Emma gave her daughter a white cheetah cub, and Arya named her Tauriel, or Tori for short. Years later, Arya would discover that Tori was blessed by Artemis, and could change her size on demand.

However, when Arya was 12, tragedy struck. The trio was attacked by zombies, and Arya's mother disappeared in the battle, supposedly killed by the zombies. All that remained was her mother's gemstone necklace. Arya, devastated about her mother's demise, kept the necklace and now wears it always. She then decided to learn about these zombie creatures. She visited several libraries, discovering that these weren't zombies, but the dead souls of Greek warriors under Hades' control. But then, the zombies found her again and chased her into the city. She found refuge at Camp Half-Blood, the magic shields keeping the zombies out.

Everyone at camp was shocked that she could get through the gates, so they knew that she must be a demigod—or "godspawn", as Dionysus put it. After a week of being unclaimed, Chiron took Arya to Olympus, where she met almost every Greek god in existence—almost. None would claim her. But then, that night, as Arya was walking the beach with Tori, a god wearing a black cloak with the faces of trapped souls appeared before her. He announced himself as Hades, God of the Dead and Lord of the Underworld. He claimed her as his daughter in front of the entire camp, giving her a jet-black bow with matching arrows and quiver.

At age 14, Arya went on her first quest. During the quest, she accidentally fell in love with a favored son of Aphrodite, who had her own plans for him. Furious, the Goddess of Love cursed Arya, the curse saying that any man Arya loved would never love her back, until her one true love came to break the curse. In response to this, Arya threw an arrow to the ground, accidentally letting loose an angry horde of skeleton warriors that killed one of the quest members. Arya immediately grabbed the arrow, and the hole closed and the skeletons turned to dust on the spot.

Arya returned to camp reluctantly, and now avoids almost everyone there, even her own cabinmates. She believes that everyone looks at her differently because of the accidental murder she committed. Her only friend seems to be Nico, since they have similarly dark pasts. She now refuses to go on quests and is not very social.