Beach Days

They had arrived at the beach it was almost dusk. They got there just in time for the fire to start.  As she arrived at the beach bonfire party, Adalynn felt a little nervous. Lila and the girl's friends came up to them and started talking. I told Lila I was gonna look for drinks and she nodded. I walked over to a cooler that had drinks in it. I was looking around to see if I could find them but the party got even more packed. But as she looked around the gathering, she saw Lila waving at her. Adalynn smiled and walked over to Lila. Who introduced her to one of her friends. 

"Lila, who's this?" Joshua asked, nodding towards Adalynn.

"This is Adalynn, she's new in town. Adalynn, meet Joshua," Lila said, introducing the two.

Joshua  grinned and held out his hand. "Nice to meet you, Adalynn. Welcome to Wilmington., Also you canjust call me josh."

Adalynn felt a warm flush in her cheeks as she shook his hand. "Thanks, it's great to meet you too."

Joshua and Adalynn started talking and quickly hit it off. They talked about their interests and hobbies, and Adalynn was struck by how easy it was to talk to him. They discovered that they both loved the beach and the ocean, and joshua even offered to show Adalynn some of his favorite spots around town.

As the night went on, Adalynn found herself drawn to Joshua more and more. He was charming, funny, and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know her. Adalynn couldn't help but feel a spark of attraction, and she found herself looking forward to the next time she would see him.

When the bonfire started to die down, Joshua suggested they take a walk on the beach. Adalynn agreed, and they set off down the shore together. As they walked, josh pointed out constellations in the sky, and they talked about their hopes and dreams for the future. Adalynn felt a strong connection to joshua, and as they said goodbye at the end of the night as he walked her back to Lila's car, she knew that she wanted to see him again. Adalynn worked up the courage all night and gave him her number.

Lila had been right - the beach bonfire party had been just what Adalynn needed. She had made some new friends and had even met a potential love interest in joshua. As they all headed back to her beach house that night, Adalynn felt grateful for the unexpected turns that life can take and excited to see what the rest of her summer in Wilmington had in store for her.